Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Khorne: A Chaos Marine Supplement (Updated 23 Nov 13)

18346 Views 71 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Vaz
Fresh from the depths of /tg/ this rumor has been posted. Due to it's anonymous nature please take with very liberal amounts of salt until we can know more.

leakshop said:

Khorne Dex
Can Ally with Demons or CSM

New Warlordtraits
New Wargear
New Missions (also for Apoc)

-Champions of Khorne (Berzerkers with +1 on A and Ld ) have “Butcher´s Nails” rule which gives 6++ & FNP)
22 Points each, can take Melee and Ranged Weapons and Juggernaut of Khorne for extra 30 Points each.

-Berzerkers are Troops and can take CSM-pods (like SM pods, except that they do damage instead of scattering when landing on top of enemy units)

-Lord of Skulls is in (Apoc only)
Models will be released in 3-4 Months along with the NurgelDex and Kits.

-Chaos Terminator Lord of Khorne (clam pack)
-CSM Pod (repacked Pod with Spikes)
-Berzekers/Champions of Khorne (dual Kit)
-Deathshroud/Plague Terminators (dual Kit)
-Plague Marines/The Infected (dual Kit)

No kit for the Juggernaut version of the Champions
No Info on Nurgle
UPDATE: 23 November 2013
Good news, bad news time!

From Dakka:
THIRD UPDATE!
After seeing the following post on Faeit212 (http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/khorne-codex-supplement-with-cover-art.html) I asked my source if he could coment on its authenticity, he said the rules were all wishlisting but the cover image is legit, he sent me the following image as proof:

Real supplement, but (most likely) fake rules.
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
That would be better than a jar of weed. Please, be it real. It would be the answer to our chaotic prayers: a book for every god. Plese, please please...
Please gods let this be true. Drop pods that squish stuff instead of magically flying off to the side.
So to add some confusion to this, the art featured as the cover is a colored version of this:

This original image is by an artist who has done some art for GW before: http://1mpact.deviantart.com/#/art/Bers-370495987?hf=1

So this is possibly a real cover, or someone got very creative and took the time to color the original art to make this.

Like I said, take with a LOT of salt until we can learn more.
See less See more
Awesome! If real, that is. Those Nurgle models sound interesting (As a Nurgle guy myself, of course).

Question, what does clam pack refer to? Or does that just mean finecast since those come in clam-esque containers.
ermahgerd that is cool. I told you that it was going to happen. Anyway I will be soo getting this. All holy to the Choas gods for giving us this.
That would be better than a jar of weed. Please, be it real. It would be the answer to our chaotic prayers: a book for every god. Plese, please please...
x2

Currently losing my shit. Bloody dreams of carnage possibly coming true? I choose to believe!
I may be wrong, but haven't Games Workshop said they aren't doing God-themed supplements? I'll believe this when I see more of this.
I think the supplement cover seems pretty legitimate, however all the info that came along with it sounds like totally bull. I think that someone has got a hold of the cover and written a load of crap to go along with it.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but none of the previous supplements have had further model releases with them. Therefore I am skeptical about the release of models as well.

Will be very happy if there are supplements released for each chaos god, after all, it would make a lot of sense to do so...
Question, what does clam pack refer to? Or does that just mean finecast since those come in clam-esque containers.
Clam packs are those plastic blister packs that models like the new Space Marine Librarian come in.

I may be wrong, but haven't Games Workshop said they aren't doing God-themed supplements? I'll believe this when I see more of this.
I don't recall seeing them say that, but I could have missed something.

I'm advocating salt until we see other sources chime in on this to give us some verification, but that's my policy on rumors anyways.
I'm advocating salt until we see other sources chime in on this to give us some verification, but that's my policy on rumors anyways.
A very good policy haha
Ah, thanks Zion. That should have occurred to me, haha.
If true, I might take the plunge on a WE force and paint them up in the old school blue and white.
If this turns out to be true I may sacrifice next doors cat to the ruinous powers in thanks. In fact, I may just sacrifice the bloody thing anyway if it digs up any more of my garden. Anyone know where I can buy fish-scented landmines?
If this is true then *deep breath* IT"S ABOUT FUCKING TIME! Seriously well done on GW finally realising that this needs to be done and will sell well.

I am most looking forward to seeing what the Nurgle offering looks like.
I think it's like this even more if they made these potential codices harken back to the original realms of chaos. Make it 2 supplements:

"Codex Chaos: The forces of destruction and desecration
Khorne & Nurgle"

And

"Codex Chaos: the forces of madness and corruption
Tzeentch & Slaanesh"

I'm sure they would rather do 4 separate ones to sell more copies though.
See less See more
Awesome! If real, that is. Those Nurgle models sound interesting (As a Nurgle guy myself, of course).

Clam Pack refers to the 3 or for part plastic model.
With the quality of current sculpts I can't wait to see a (unlikely or not) new sculpt for the Berzerkers or "Champs. of Khorne."
Correct me if I am mistaken, but none of the previous supplements have had further model releases with them. Therefore I am skeptical about the release of models as well.
I don't think the models are directly released along the supplement, if it is true. There have been rumors of updated cult troops for some time now (updated Berzerkers models, resin Thousand Sons and Noise marines, instead of kits) and they could potentially use the codex to raise awareness on the new models. One supports the other, and that sort of thing.

I am sceptical regarding the plague terminators (as they are already available via Forgeworld) and the plague marines (as they were recently updated) however. The rest I can believe in - Especially the droppod one, as it has never made any sense that Chaos haven't had those in the tabletop game!

Hey, at least one can hope.

(Ding, 600th post)
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.