Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, playing nids today and am reorganising my zerkers. I'm gunna need some better ranged support and will prolly have to stick closer together?

HQs
Daemon Prince-MoN, Warptime-155pts

Chaos Lord-Drop wargear for Termie armor, MoK, Combi-Flamer, DW-160pts

Troops
9 Zerkers w-Champ, PF
Chaos Lord
Rhino-Combi-Flamer
274pts

10 Zerkers w-Champ, PF
Rhino-Combi-Flamer
295pts

10 Zerkers w-Champ, PF
Rhino-Combi-Flamer
295pts

10 Plague Marines w-Champ,PF, TLB

Heavy Support
2 Oblits for extra ranged support
150pts

Vindicator-Combi-Flamer

3 questions.

1. What`s Daemonic Possession
2. Can i get stats on Havoc LauncherÉ
3. Thats only 1714, what else do i need!

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
First, I don't think I can answer your first 2 questions without breaking forum rules. But the answer to both those questions can be found on page 87 in your CSM codex. As for question 3, more oblits never hurt, other than your opponent.

A few things about the list, 1. you'll need to drop one more zerk since models in termie armour take up 2 slots in rhinos. 2. You don't need 10 PMs. 7 is more than enough as PMs are quite durable and take a lot of power to take down. On that note, 8 is plenty for zerks, 10 is just overkill. Also, don't overlook giving the champ a PW to make use of the initiative bonus they get. I would drop some of the combi weapons off your rhinos and take daemonic possession on the vindi, as it is a must since it allows it to keep firing, its sole purpose. I would also give the rhino with the lord some EA to keep it moving into cc. I would tend to put chaos lords with daemon weapons on bikes or in LRs to get them into melee fast but EA should be enough for now without having to rework the entire list. Also, I would think off getting more AT, 2 meltas on the PMs would work enough.

Hope this helps. ^_^

·
Registered
622 Posts
Daemon Prince - Wings, MoN, warptime
Kharn

8 berserkers - champ w/ pf, rhino
7 plague marines - 2 x plasma, rhino

2 x oblit
2 x oblit
vindicator w/ dp
1740 - hard as hell. This list will smash heads.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
For starters termies cant go in rhino's,
I would switch in kharn for your lord, I would drop squads down to 8 for zerkers and 7 plaguemarines, I would put EA on your rhinos (except PM one that I would put the havoc launcher on) I would also give the PM two plasma guns, I wouldn't take one vindie, either two or none! And they really do better if they have DP! Maybe 2 vindies with DP and 3 oblits for your heavy support choices.
Theres a good base army there just a few tweaks needed I feel!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Actually, if you look at the list I proposed, the single vindy is an excellent choice. In this instance, it will either draw the bulk of the anti tank fire (great) or drop S10 pie plates on the enemies head.

Pairing is a generally good idea, but if you actually think about running this build you will see the value of the single vindicator.

A daemon prince without wings is a dead daemon prince. He cannot keep up with his rhino screen and cannot effectively move from cover to cover.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Yer for sure wings is a must for DP! I'm not sold on the single vindie situation have run it a couple of time with little success, so wont be rolling them out again unless in pairs! Indeed I thought your list was a good shout, maybe one too many squads of zerkers, I would be tempted to throw some chosen in, wether armed with flamers for horde or meltas for mc or a mix of both!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Daemon Prince - Wings, MoN, warptime
Kharn

7 plague marines - 2 x plasma, rhino

2 x oblit
2 x oblit
vindicator w/ dp
1740 - hard as hell. This list will smash heads.
Hail,
I run a similar list. since you have the points, try a dirge caster on the vindi. I find most opponents will stop shooting if the cannon is destroyed, so I run the DP'ed Vindicator around crashing into things! Forces them to destroy the thing completely.

BFTBG!!

World Eater

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.