Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

So I used to collect 40k about 10 years ago and have decided to get back into it. For all purposes, you can assume I am completely new to the game. I have decided to collect a 1000 pt Daemonkin army furious.gif as I love everything about the Khorne background and models!

I will mostly be playing doubles with 3 friends. My two opponents collecting Space Marines (Bleeeeugh) and my Ally collecting Dark Eldar.

I have built my army around the models and play style I think I will enjoy best. I am not looking to be overly competitive, but obviously I would like to have a viable and formidable Army none the less.

I am looking for some general tips and tricks, and also if you see something fundamentally wrong please point it out!

Thanks guys

HQ:

Chaos Lord on Bike. Axe of Khorne, Melta Bombs.

(thinking maybe Sigil of Correuption too? Or something else to better protect him)

Troops:

Bloodletters x 8 including Bloodreaper.
Bloodletters x 8 including Bloodreaper.

Elites:

Possessed x 5. Rhino for transport.

(Formation Tax basically. Thought the Rhino would help getting them close!)

Fast Attack: (NOTE: I am going for Gorepack formation!)

Flesh Hounds x 5.
Biker Squad x 3. Melta x2, Melta Bombs.
Biker Squad x 3. Melta x2, Melta Bombs.
Chaos Spawn x 1.

Heavy Support:

Maulerfiend x 1

TOTAL POINTS: 924

So I have 76 points left to play with so open to suggestions!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Hey welcome to the board!
I didn't noticed this post :p

About the army, basing my comment on your opponent you should have some AP3 nastynasty and have some fast and furious stuff.
SO:

Chaos lord is ok, just keep him cheap, he has to die and give birth to Mister D.
Possessed are mandatory. Let them be skulls for the throne!
Bloodletters are your AP3 nastynasty. i'd add another unit of cultists for extra skulls for the throne and the odd objective keeping (you had just enough points left)
The gorepack formation is your fast and furious stuff to keep Dark Space Sissies at bay.
Spawn is...well, moar skulls I guess :biggrin:
Maulerfiend is solid.

Summing up a nice and hefty list. With extra points you can add, as above, 11 cultists OR 7 more bloodletters to one unit and maybe meltabombs to the Warlord?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Chaos Lord on Bike. Axe of Khorne, Melta Bombs.

(thinking maybe Sigil of Correuption too? Or something else to better protect him)
I might be tempted to instead of going heavy on defenses, stack up with the Bloodthirster-summoning-Axe. It's only a handful of points more than the SoC on the same statline as the AoK, but it does provide a solid deterrent to enemies against killing your Warlord. The wording in the rules that forces FMCs coming in from Deep Strike Reserve to enter Swooping mode is annoying, but...

You might also be able to cut the bike on the Lord and throw him in with the possessed, if you really need to save those points--but like you say, you do have 75-odd left over already, so I think you're fine. Upgrade the axe and, I dunno, take a second solo Spawn for distraction/blood tithe purposes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts