Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whilst playing around with numbers for my latest 2000 point World Eaters list, I noticed that it is possible to cram in 4 units of troops plus 6 walkers into the 2000 point cap.

The list does look a bit ludicrous, but it got me to wondering, how playable would it be?

HQ 1
Kharn the Betrayer
165pts

Troops 1
Khorne Bezerkers x 8
Chaos Rhino (extra armour, havoc launcher)
233pts

Troops 2
Khorne Bezerkers x 8 (skull champion, powerfist)
273pts

Troops 3
273pts

Troops 4
273pts

Elites 1
Chaos Dreadnaught (additional DCCW, heavy flamer)
105pts

Elites 2
105pts

Elites 3
105pts

Heavy Support 1
Chaos Defiler (havoc launcher, close combat arm)
155pts

Heavy Support 2
155pts

Heavy Support 3
155pts

Total: 1997pts

PS. I'm not really considering using this list, I just thought it was interesting and would like to hear what you all have to say about it.

Edit: Fixed wargear errors.
Edit 2: Changed wargear options, again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Khornzilla?

You can't give your defilers 2 extra close combat arms and a havoc launcher can you? Now your just being greedy. That means squad 1 gets a skull champ with power fist!

It looks awesome and must be played.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are totally correct, I should learn to read.

Only problem is that frees up another 15 points, together with the 3 leftover already for a total of 18 points... not enough for a champ & powerfist :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyways... forget about where you could spend the extra points, how exactly do you think this army would play?

What are its weakness? What are its strengths? Who would crush it and who would fear it?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The only slight weakness i see in the list is long range anti tank, yeah you got the defilers but if that scatters well it's not going to be much help then, even then i'm unsure myself how to fix the problem, due to you don't want the dreads going crazy at each, the defilers and rhinos, but this is a good army idea, it's very khorne-y, i never thought of this for some reason.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the idea would be to essentially play the dreads as a unit of three, that way if they go into fire frenzy they only shoot at themselves, and given they are only armed with flamers and bolters they aren't going to do much damage.

For anti-tank, the infantry have a powerfist in each squad, but as you pointed out, long range is a bit lacking. Perhaps if the extra armour was dropped on each of the rhinos that would allow for the three defilers to carry a lascannon each. How would that affect things do you think?

·
Registered
941 Posts
if you want crazy khorne, I'd make the dreads and the defilers both 2 DCCWs, but if you need anti-tank, put multi-meltas on the dreads!:biggrin:

·
Registered
496 Posts
naw!

just mass CCW on everything!

then just run as fast as you phsyicaly can at the enemy untill you either win or run out of units, in which case you better start running faster!

·
Registered
941 Posts
naw!

just mass CCW on everything!

then just run as fast as you phsyicaly can at the enemy untill you either win or run out of units, in which case you better start running faster!
that's the true khorne I was getting at!:biggrin:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Keep in mind, that if you run the Dreads in front of the Defiler, they could easily have ranged weapons. The Dreads will not turn around to fire at the Defilers when they go fire-crazy. That could easily sort your anti-vehicle ranged power.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Lack of melta and any weapon above S8 is a problem. Mech armies will be a problem as you don't have a lot to get the out the tanks. Destroy the defilers then your range has gone, pop the rhinos and the berzerkers are out getting shot and not getting into combat as they don't have fleet. Don't worry about the dreads, they won't be in combat until turn 3-4...

·
Registered
172 Posts
lack of s8 or higher? dred combat weaons are s10! and defilers have fleet.... 2 rhino squads naked and a mob of 20 zerkers on foot with a power fist (that way you create the assumption everythings got fists)... thats how i envisage this working.... 40 berzerkers dreads and 3 defilers... thats gotta smeg target priority!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is this for fun? As in an exercise in a fun list or competitive? It'd be fun to run but, I'd quickly become emo as my lack of fire support resulted in all my mobile elements destroyed and my berzerkers being shot to pieces.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not really considering running this list at all. I was mucking around with numbers for my actual proposed list when I noticed you could fit 6 walkers in under the 2000 point cap. I just thought I would post it up and get some thoughts and feedback.

I'm trying to get my head around the weaknesses of a list such as this and working out ways to address the shortcomings with my actual proposed list. I guess I'll post up what I'm thinking later on today.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lack of melta and any weapon above S8 is a problem. Mech armies will be a problem as you don't have a lot to get the out the tanks. Destroy the defilers then your range has gone, pop the rhinos and the berzerkers are out getting shot and not getting into combat as they don't have fleet. Don't worry about the dreads, they won't be in combat until turn 3-4...

What about my proposal to drop the extra armour on the rhinos and use those points to fit out the Defilers with lascannons?

·
Registered
941 Posts
What about my proposal to drop the extra armour on the rhinos and use those points to fit out the Defilers with lascannons?
laser cannons arn't very khorny...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very Khorne army, I like it.

I would maybe remove a Defiler and a Dreadnought and add a Predator (TL/lass and LC/SS) and the SC with PF.

Or remove a Defiler and a Rhino and add in a Landraider for Kharn and the unit without the SC.

·
Registered
45 Posts
laser cannons arn't very khorny...

I disagree, on one side I can see your point as they are a CC army but in the right context they can fit right in.

In my 1500pt army I have 4 TL/Lass and two LC's split up between a Dreadnought, Landraider and a Predator. Tanks for some reason fit in with a Khorne army as long as their not used in a anti personnel role, using them in a anti amour and MC/fast mover role is fine and makes sense as well as being a necessary evil.

·
Registered
670 Posts
lack of s8 or higher? dred combat weaons are s10! and defilers have fleet.... 2 rhino squads naked and a mob of 20 zerkers on foot with a power fist (that way you create the assumption everythings got fists)... thats how i envisage this working.... 40 berzerkers dreads and 3 defilers... thats gotta smeg target priority!!
Dude, RANGED FIRE POWER. A dread maybe S10 but it cannot get into combat without fleet! Defilers will be big targets and shot at first, they won't make assault. 2 power fists against 12 vehicles doesn't worry me, at all. That's not got!

And no, it won't "smeg" target priority at all. Take out the defilers and your fastest assault unit is gone. Destroy the rhinos and the berzerkers are no longer mobile and can be picked off, then tackle the slow dreads - simple.

So, like I said, no anti tank at range and very little up close. A mech army would laugh this off I'm afriad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What about the defilers? 3 battle cannons and 3 lascannon must count for something?

BTW - The list I'm thinking of running is basically list this with one unit of zerkers swapped out for a squad of raptors. The more I think about it the more it appeals to me.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts