Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kholek Suneater, is he where it's at, for the ultimate final word in killing power? With all his rules, his ranged attack AND his epic statline, d3 wounds 1+ save and more, is kholek as great as I think he is?

In combat he's 7 attacks at S8, then 1d6 thunderstomp...

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking that Kholek combined with two hellcannons would be brutally horrible for any opponant to face.

Remember it's unlikely he will die from two cannonballs, on top of that his lightning attack will do 1d6 S6, in the new war machine rules that gives him a decent chance of knocking out a cannon or so from a distance, combined with hellcannons, anyways, I had a list idea incorporating this beautiful Kholek Model (how could I not use such a model!)

Let me know what you think:

Kholek Suneater
Troll King Throgg
Exalted with BSB and Halberd
Level 2 Sorc with MoT and Spell Familiar
1 Unit of 9 Chaos Trolls
1 Unit of 9 Chaos Trolls

Hellcannon x2
Scyla Anfingrimm

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand the anti special character elements out there, but really, if you want a monster army, you HAVE to use throgg...

Kholek is fun to use, he's also immune to other lightning attacks, such as warp lightning and there's a few others around the place whose names escape me, generally they're quite nasty when they arise.

The army itself is very fast and highly resilient, the trolls can lay down the hurt versus armoured or light opponents and can really weather a beating back. (if I put them in units of 10 I can lay out 10 automatic vomit hits at S5...).

Unfortunately Throg is written to only allow leadership and re-rolls for break tests :(. You need a bsb to re-roll stupidity.

Anyways, next tourney I'll let people know how Kholek does...

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He does? Ld9 with a reroll? I've had that happen only once before in about 5 games of using him - I know chaos theory and all that, but the average of failing that is about 2%, or once in every 50 turns.

Good catch about the BSB though. I'lll probably swap the SoK Sorceror (not really needed) for the BSB.
lots of stuff people will use to make him eat himself, for example doom and darkness.....doom totems, the daemons have a neg LD banner too...combined with using death magic to snipe the BSB. Galrauch also has a tendency to go out of range and let's not forget the inevitable miscast (which happens very often now) which may make him eat himself, I'm loathe to put so many points into a model that can swallow itself into the warp....not to say he sucks, he's cool, but he has his drawbacks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.