Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Similarly, I'm getting out of the Horus Heresy books. The Forgeworld ones, I mean. I was looking to do a pre-Heresy Thousand Sons army and there is -zero- content for them in any of the first three unless I wanted to use the generic Legion lists in Book I. When I heard that book 4 wasn't even going to include new Legions, I decided it just wasn't worth it to buy these expensive books just to have a complete collection if all they're going to do is sit on the shelf gathering dust. Maybe if one of the future books features Thousand Sons I'll grab it but for now, I'm redirecting those funds into things I'm actually going to use.
Eh, Book IV has access to a pretty cool anti-MEQ amulet gun Relic for Thousand Sons, and you benefit from the Furious Charge/Stubborn in the LACAL+LAICL (which replace Book I-3, despite the rules errors and wrong rules copied over). Still, I can understand the upset at a £70 book for a single upgrade is annoying.

Book IV has an awesome set of campaign rules, Solar Auxilia and Knight lists as well, and the fluff is as well written as ever. But I'd recommend waiting until the mid-Heresy equivalent of the LACAL and the LAICL (which will probably contain decent rules for the SoH, EC, DG and WE as well, hopefully) if you're not interested in the the frankly awesome additional sidelines to the main Heresy legions. I'm unlikely to play a Knight list or a Solar Auxilia, but they're there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
While I credit with GW with enormous bureaucratic and admin/accountancy based stupidity, yes, this is the case.

LE sales IRL work that way - and this is one of the few times it has actually been worth it. Look how BL LE's started. Promethean Sun, Aurelian, Brotherhood of the Storm... and now, they have more LE's than they've had standard releases for HH, and LE's released more than a year ago are still unsold.

With the poor reviews and the search for pirated copies (2 years was a long time to wait), they've learned.

As you've said, it takes a long time to order prints. Where they may have underestimated Book 1, they've underestimated book 2 and 3, and within days of book 2 being sold out, a soft copy was announced.

If enough hype is generated, it's self sustaining, and GW are "crash selling" to ride off that high of sales and propaganda, which will then leave a void that 9th edition will easily fill.

Then again, GW might be just stupid - that's a military push tactic - push something, wait for the push back, and fall back on the push, and then slip through the hole. bait and switch, really.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts