Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A good idea and well converted.

Reversing the Terminator bodies is simple but look very different.

My only slight niggle is the "Rhino"; at the moment it still looks very Tau. It might look more Mechanicus with more imperial or chaos bits to break up the sweeping lines of the hull.

Looking forward to more of this; and some painted models (hint, hint).
yea, yea.... i will get around to painting them sometime i am sure! was gonna go for a gritty white and black with red trim??
The army as a whole is gonna have a fairly tau / eldar theme to it, with regards to the moulded metal hulls etc.. it was never intended to be strictly a mechanicus army as such, just me own invertion.

Withe regards to your "Rhino" comment i think i need some names for stuff.... i provisionally call it a CRAWLER.. original eh?? any ideas??

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
The army as a whole is gonna have a fairly tau / eldar theme to it, with regards to the moulded metal hulls etc.. it was never intended to be strictly a mechanicus army as such, just me own invertion.
I misremembered your first post; re-reading it it actually says it was inspired by a renegade Mechanicus army:blush:

Withe regards to your "Rhino" comment i think i need some names for stuff.... i provisionally call it a CRAWLER.. original eh?? any ideas??
If I remember correctly, Tau and Eldar names are translations or imperial designations, so it depends on whether you want to use what humans would call it or what the army itself would call it.

If you are using what the army would call it then robots are usually portrayed as structured and logical, and without strong metaphor; maybe a alphanumeric designation based on basic hull + special adaptation + weapons load, e.g. LW-T10-LS for large walker that transports 10 standard troops and carries a light support weapon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not a bad idea....
i was gonna add robot like codes to the armour on them once painted so that might work. may give them a code and then nickname! with code painted on what it is.
cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok, Latest addition to the line up...(while i wait for some parts to finish off my others!)
The Obliterator (counts as anyway)
The idea here was simple. A massive robot that is armed to the teeth with a vast array of weapons. I also wanted to again make it look tough to fit inline with the others.
Let me know your thoughts...

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Brilliant, very clever combination of parts used to produce a very impressive model. Couldn't be better.(except painted i guess.)

·
Registered
309 Posts
This looks really awesome, but where do you get the legs for the infantry, they dont look very familiar to me =/

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
This looks really awesome, but where do you get the legs for the infantry, they dont look very familiar to me =/
infantry legs are a combination of tau stealthsuits and necron warrior legs

·
Registered
29 Posts
lol, cool model:whistle:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Painted!!

Ok,
Here is my first one painted up. It needs some touching up here and there but basically complete and fairly happy with it. (needs basing too but i will do that when they all done)

·
Registered
548 Posts
that looks really sharp, sir. i like the colour scheme also. +rep for the whole idea :grin:

one minor suggestion though, the model needs a bigger base - i feel the model looks a little top-heavy on [what i'm assuming is] a standard 25mm base.

can't wait to see some more painted up!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Very nice job so far. The idea is original and well done. Your robots kind of remind me of the Geth from Mass Effect, for those who dont know and have an Xbox 360, go get the game :mrgreen:

Keep up the great work

·
Registered
583 Posts
i so didnt play my original character named.... otep (surprise there O_O) through into mass effect 2 :p

i really dig the robotic evil minions of doom... it looks amazing but i do want to know what bits you used... i see termy, stealth suits... and then i get lost :(

but, dose it mean the lord is going to be a pissed off computer programmer O_O

i knew i shouldnt of yelled at the guys at blizzard!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
but, dose it mean the lord is going to be a pissed off computer programmer O_O
Possible!! lol.

i really dig the robotic evil minions of doom... it looks amazing but i do want to know what bits you used... i see termy, stealth suits... and then i get lost :(
The infantry are Stealth suit legs/necron legs, chaos terminator body, chaos smoke launcher for shoulder launcher, SM shoulder pads, Necron Arms, Ork Chainsword, Ork Shoota/necron gun, IG head facing down, Terminator back lower section for eyes, tau drone gun cut up!!! for the waist! think thats about it.....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ok, so the first 8 man (robot) squad is ready, just needs to be based, but that will be done at the end when i decided what base style i wanna use.
So in this squad are the 2 plasma guns, champ with power fist, and 6 regulars. These will be the plague marines (counts as),
let me know your thoughts!!

21 - 40 of 100 Posts