Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
They are the elite of a planet thats entire focus is war. A planet sat smack bang in the middle of the most active gateway out of the Eye of Terror. Everyon fights, everyones trained to fight, very well, they spend their lives training to fight and they do it very well. And the amongst this planet of die hard resolute fighters, you have their version of the SAS only better. Yep, they are indeed the definition of kick-ass

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I believe that Kasrkin may well indeed be the difference between Stormtroopers and Kasrkin, in that the latter are experienced, but have less "training" in the sense that they won't have the constant massive physical fitness that someone perennially training for would have.

Kasrkin will probably have bad habits gained from "well it worked then", and less fitness due to the amount of fighting that being attached to the Guard Regiments gives (i.e difference in codex between Grenadier Veterans and Storm Troopers).

If I'm honest, they're fairly superhuman, but comparatively, the equivalent of perhaps US Army Rangers or Marine Force Recon (British Pathfinders or Brigade Recce Force are our equivalents), while Storm Troopers are the SAS/SBS, SEALs and Delta Force.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
394 Posts
Kasrkin will probably have bad habits gained from "well it worked then", and less fitness due to the amount of fighting that being attached to the Guard Regiments gives (i.e difference in codex between Grenadier Veterans and Storm Troopers).

If I'm honest, they're fairly superhuman, but comparatively, the equivalent of perhaps US Army Rangers or Marine Force Recon (British Pathfinders or Brigade Recce Force are our equivalents), while Storm Troopers are the SAS/SBS, SEALs and Delta Force.
I agree. Cadian Blood portrayed the Kasrkin as well equipped, tough, experienced and well trained in combat though a little inflexible. They don't run or retreat so I definitely wouldn't call them SAS/SEAL material. They are used to plug gaps in defences and spearhead assaults but I wouldn't imagine them doing any infiltrating or too much demolition.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Very well equipped troops used in extremely high risk combat missions. Really, they are just very well trained assault troops.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I can't see the Kasrkin being less fit. They do nothing but train, they along with Cadians in general are probably amongst the fittest soldiers the guard has to offer. From reading about them in Eisenhorn alone i still think they are easily the equivalent of stormtroopers, they seemed to be even better than the Volpone stormtroopers seen in the Gaunts Ghost series.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The way I see it all the Regimental Storm Troopers are the equal of Imperial Storm Troopers in the environs in which they are stationed the majority of the time, but none of them can equal the vast breadth of experience of a true Schola Progenium Stormie.

They've been attached to nearly every regiment, in every warzone imaginable- if the Imperial Guard has fought a significant war then at some point the Imperial Storm Troopers will have been involved, no other IG body of men can claim the same veteran status.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I can't see the Kasrkin being less fit. They do nothing but train, they along with Cadians in general are probably amongst the fittest soldiers the guard has to offer. From reading about them in Eisenhorn alone i still think they are easily the equivalent of stormtroopers, they seemed to be even better than the Volpone stormtroopers seen in the Gaunts Ghost series.
Oh I see where you're coming from, sorry matey. merely meant that considering they're on pretty much constant ops (being in Cadia), they're fitness will be slightly lower thanks to DOMF and Stress, while a Schola Prog trooper will be at pretty much predeployment fitness constantly.

Christ, 6 months in the GAFA is enough to make anyone bone tired in the QRF with "minutes to mount", yet when there's something of that scale against foes like Daemons, the Gribblies in the Nids, and the Orcish Hordes against which there seems to be pretty much constant fighting that even WW2 didn't encompass (fighting seems to be more like WW1).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I always saw them more as Paras or Muhreens, as in well trained shock troops.

Probably don't dress up like chicks and consider snogging eachother as a forfeit though so they're nowhere near the level of pure lean Man that your average Bootneck is though. And they more than likely can spell their own name so they have one up on their max-factor pink lid wearing counterparts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get all that. With the other armys though like in gaunts ghost or... don't know anyother ig book out there cept 15 hours :grin: The ig have never show anything that the kasrkin have shown when they are able to move so fast and stop shooting some1 with that whole dna thing, it just seems to me that they were on a whole different lvl then anything I have read before on the ig army that is just a human.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I get all that. With the other armys though like in gaunts ghost or... don't know anyother ig book out there cept 15 hours :grin: The ig have never show anything that the kasrkin have shown when they are able to move so fast and stop shooting some1 with that whole dna thing, it just seems to me that they were on a whole different lvl then anything I have read before on the ig army that is just a human.
Don't take the fact that we're saying the Imperial Storm Troopers are better to mean the Kasrkin aren't cool as hell, they kick serious arse and in the Imperial Guard only other Regimental Storm Troopers and the Imperial Storm Troopers can match them.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Wouldn't the Kasrkin be trained in the Cadian 'branch' of the Schola Progenium? I could easily imagine that Cadia would be home to such an institution. If nothing else it would be a great testing ground for new anti-Chaos doctrines, both Scholam-developed and Kasrkin giving their intelligence to the Scholam masters.

GFP

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
do they have balls the size of grape fruit? only if theyve just been kicked in the nuts by power armour...............lol

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Wouldn't the Kasrkin be trained in the Cadian 'branch' of the Schola Progenium? I could easily imagine that Cadia would be home to such an institution. If nothing else it would be a great testing ground for new anti-Chaos doctrines, both Scholam-developed and Kasrkin giving their intelligence to the Scholam masters.

GFP
Schola Progeium are generally found on Cardinal or Shrine worlds and take in the orphans of Imperial servants. There really would be no need to have one on Cadia, or even in the Cadian system, as they appear to be fairly rare institutions. That being said it would not surprise me at all if Cadia had a similar institution set up to train not just the Kasrkin but even the 'standard' Shock-Troopers. I would imagine that education and training on Cadia would be highly militerized, formailized and all-encompasing which would be easily achieved in universal enrollment in a military institution designed to train you in every aspect of life on Cadia. Also by having everyone start on the same level (and not just taking orphans into your special school) you can select those soldiers who demonstrate the most potential and create a Kasrkin regiment which consitently gets the very best available to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts