Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since people keep wondering if I am ever going to do a WIP on my wolves. I decided Ill start this one. Please note, that it may be ages for updates as I collect new wolves, but I will try and keep it nicely updated.

First things first, "finished" models so far, and what i mean by finished, is nearly finished minus Pack markings since Im working on making sure the armors done before I put those on:

3 of my Grey hunters:

2 more Grey hunters and a wolf guard leading them. guess which one the wolf guard is

From them, I have my unfinished Land raider:

More to come soon

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like your grey, i prefer it to the baby blue boys GW call space wolves and i hope to paint mine up in a grey scheme too.
I like your LR, the shields on the front add a nice touch to it.

·
Angel Sanguine
642 Posts
They look really good! The grey is something entierily different from what I use, and I must say that I really like it! :)

Looking forward to see more from you!

Have some rep :victory:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick Update, One of my Terminators, specifically, My termie Wolf Lord on foot when I use him / hes also my Chain fist termie currently, until I buy a new box of termies to fix them up!.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice models hope to see some more updates

Rep you

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Small Update. 2 of my Termies and my Iron Priest (who I bought just to paint basically)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not bad... but an quick question about the land raider.

You've put shields over his assault launchers. How does they work now? ;)
they open up and the shield move with it opening. lol

to be honest, I wasnt working on a style that would look "workable" in a normal sense, just thought the shields being there looked sick, which they do, so I put them there.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm looking for a 'proper' grey for my wolves, not the Space Puppie Blue GW uses. I like yours but I would want mine just a bit lighter. I used the same Idea of the sheilds on my Dread, I will also use many a sheild and pelt on my Super Heavy LR Conversion.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
My favourite bit is the blue cape. Everyone (including myself) always uses red on SW's but that cape proves other colours work too.

Sweet!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My favourite bit is the blue cape. Everyone (including myself) always uses red on SW's but that cape proves other colours work too.

Sweet!
that is part of the reason I did the blue over the red, EVERYONE does red, or EVERYONE does the light blue light grey for them. so I opted for a dark grey, which IMO looks awsome in person. I still need to update the pics which ill do after im done my Land speeders

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
after a long hiatus (and abit of a dip into a Xenos army, my Dark Eldar) with models finally made for thunder wolves, a paint scheme I can be happy with, and a symbol I can enjoy using made, I have finally started to paint my Space wolves again.

above is the new paint scheme I will be employing.

and below this is the Symbol I will be placing on their left shoulder pad for all of them, I am going to commission someone to make a much more detailed version of this symbol for artwork purposes.

the pictures of the model are abit old from when I did it, and its abit more flushed out, but my camera needs new batteries which will be bought and used once I have a few packs of thunder wolves up and roaming.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey hey, I'm liking the paint job. The symbol makes them look like some sort of mechanicum wolves :) Is that the idea?
somewhat, its actually my 'mark' in one of the communities im part of in Real life, which is a combination of my love of wolves, my Norse background, and my enjoyment of clockwork.

though yes, the Mechanicum wolves idea isnt too far from what im going to be using, since im trying to build a mech based wolf list or two, save for my Twolf lord with his retune of Twolves XD. (new models are too nice to pass up, save for those flat tails > <)

Im taking that wolf lord on T wolf and giving him a proper beard and probably longer hair though.

also you can see that ive been using the symbol for a while as my Display pic but its spinning in the display pic thanks to my GF and her modification of the pic. I was going to use it for my steampunk human colony that was using tau tech, which will probably still happen as a cool mechanicum addition to my SW army now.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That new paint scheme is the nuts, The lighting is very well done and I like the dark blue look.
would you believe it looks even better with all the details one? XD

1 - 20 of 38 Posts