the scorpions claw is a power fist so he strikes last right

but he has plasma grenades ?

so how does it work out ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
OK My eldar dex is in my room but this is what it is off the top of my head:

Base + Mandible + Charge + Bonus for CCW

so it should be 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 (if he has 2 one handed weapons, chain sword and power claw right?) so it should be 8 attack total at init at base str or 8 double str attacks at init 1 (no mixing or matching its one or the other IIRC).

Plasma Grenade only make it so you strike on normal iniative for the persons you are fighting for purposes of cover (someone correct me/confirm on this).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thanks so its best to do 8 strn 8 attacks unless the guy is invunrable to it

if someones toughness 5 they survive power firsts right ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
its 7 or 8 as i cant remeber if the bonus for 2 combat wepons is included in the profile.

and you dont have to use your "Power fist" you can use his other weapons that would get the bonus of the grenades if charging into cover.

and he wouldnt get killed by instant death no

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you .. it would be safer using him in a squad of scorpions if he was hq killing

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
He has a special mandiblaster set that allows 2 exrta attacks instead of 1. So that is 4 base, 2 mandi-blast, 1 charge, and 1-2 for CCW. I believe its 2 because he has a powerfist and a chainsword. So that 4+2+2+1 = 9. And also he has 5S because his chainsword adds +1S. So double dmg with powerfist is 10S:biggrin:

BTW, since he has a powerfist, he ignore armous saves correct? if so that is potentially 9 S5 attacks that ignore armour saves. BEWARE!!!

Add him to a squad with another exarch. Thats a charge total of 20 S4 attacks and 6 S4 attacks IAS and 9 S5 attacks IAS. Thats some painfull CC.

Lastly, what is the stealth rule for Kanandras? Is it just night spotting or something?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
LOL.... you guys sure do know how to make it look better or worse than it really is.

The big Bug Boy gets only 8 attacks on the charge, and 7 'normally'. With the Scorpion Chainsword, his attacks are at his normal initiative of 7, and are at Str5, but do not bypass armor saves. Plasma grenades will ensure that he gets to use his high initiative when charging into combat with is chainsword leading. If he chooses to use his Scorpion's Claw, then he will still receive 8 attacks on the charge and 7 attacks 'normally', all at strength 8 (the chainswords str bonus will not apply), but he will strike at initiative 1 regardless of the use of plasma grenades.

Just beware... he is only T4, and while immune to instant death effects, a powerfist wielding Sgt, or any other 'hidden' or 'uber tough' model with high strength and armor bypassing weapons, can still end his life pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL.... you guys sure do know how to make it look better or worse than it really is.

The big Bug Boy gets only 8 attacks on the charge, and 7 'normally'. With the Scorpion Chainsword, his attacks are at his normal initiative of 7, and are at Str5, but do not bypass armor saves. Plasma grenades will ensure that he gets to use his high initiative when charging into combat with is chainsword leading. If he chooses to use his Scorpion's Claw, then he will still receive 8 attacks on the charge and 7 attacks 'normally', all at strength 8 (the chainswords str bonus will not apply), but he will strike at initiative 1 regardless of the use of plasma grenades.

Just beware... he is only T4, and while immune to instant death effects, a powerfist wielding Sgt, or any other 'hidden' or 'uber tough' model with high strength and armor bypassing weapons, can still end his life pretty quickly.
exactly why hes infiltrating with scorpions and a exarch to kill commanders :D

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
So any model with 2 CCW only get +1A?
A model receives one bonus attack for having 'an additional CCW', not for 'each additional CCW', and not for 'each CCW'. Other special rules may confuse the issue, but the basic rule is quite blunt. If you have 2 CCWs, and the opportunity to use them, you get +1 attack.

Tyranids have a little bonus/penalty as they cannot get +1 attack for 2 CCWs, but they can purchase Talons to the same effect. And, if the model can purchase 2 sets of Talons (usually monstrous creatures or Warriors), then the bug can get +1 attack for each full set of Talons (usually ending up with +2).

The Mandiblaster and Scorpion's Sting bonuses are in addition to the 2 CCW bonus. I throw that in because I've seen it cause confusion before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts