Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my Cygnar army around Kara Sloan and some of the more long-ranged jacks in the army, and basically my planned strategy is as follows:

Blast apart the enemy army until the warcaster is exposed, then hit them with everything I've got.

Is this a viable tactic?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I don't see why it shouldn't be.

If you try it out and it works, then it works and nothing should stop you from doing so.

I haven't played enough games really to know if this is considered cheesy or power-gaming among other Warmachine gamers :p

·
Registered
380 Posts
Cygnar are typically known for their destructive shooting capabilities. It all depends on what you have in your list and what points value you're playing at.

A pure shooting army however; wont win many games. You need at least one heavy hitter (typically a good melee heavy warjack) to go head to head with another heavy warjack.

Kara is really good with tempest gun mage's. Give them an officer and have the officer control a Cyclone in his battle group or any shooty 'jack. Cast snipe on the cyclone with the officer and then have kara use firing group. The cyclone will have 16 inch range with 2D3 POW12 attacks. Might not sound a lot to 40k players but you can rape a lot of infantry with that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That and the covering fire templates last for one round. This can be used to lock down charge lanes for warrior models or to keep them out of range while you close. Ive actually never played against sloan so I cant say much for her. I can say that any cygnar shooty list will have some struggles against cryx. Highest percentage of stealth models in the game are in cryx and Epic Asphyxious will drop three 3" cloud templates a turn that block LOS and also hit for pow 12 if you move into them. Black thirteenth can help you around the cloud templates with a 5" aoe attack that they have. Basically works like a flare and may even be called so. Also if you arent running a squire buy one tomorrow. Squires are damn near an auto include in any cygnar list. For shooting and just great jack for points, The charger is great! Very focus efficient and can open up light jacks and can reliably take down casters if your opponent gets careless.

·
Registered
616 Posts
it's viable, but don't expect to win all the time. God help you if you face menoth with a choir, as that stops you from shooting their 'jacks. Keep sloan and a defender around, as well as some trenchers, but don't forget the melee hitters, and cygnar does have some very capable ones.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
it's viable, but don't expect to win all the time. God help you if you face menoth with a choir, as that stops you from shooting their 'jacks. Keep sloan and a defender around, as well as some trenchers, but don't forget the melee hitters, and cygnar does have some very capable ones.
I will mirror this with -Bane spam Cryx, Kaya Circle, Retribution in general, being so sneaky. Quite a few others, but I can't recall at the moment.

Also "ranged" isn't quite the same as 40k, while you might have "long range" being Cygnar, thats still between 10-14 inches normally, which Kara can increase by +2" with firing group. So, you'll get one good volley, and I won't deny, this volley could be GREAT. But then the enemy is on you, and your ranged jacks (Cyclone, Defender, Charger, etc.) Don't fair so well when its time to hit stuff, or be hit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts