Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
it is a very nice alpha lord nonetheless. shame for the 3" thick mantle...

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it realy is a nice miniature, its a shame that like you said, it does not fit the image given to alpharius/omegon
I believe this range isn't a whole lot bigger than normal marines, so he could make a very nice chaos lord. Someone who has actually seen a mini from the range could probably tell us if this would be feasible.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
lovely mini, my quibbles such as they are, the gun is awful, cloak too thick, the model is slightly pea headed which is how i imagine marines/primarchs so no big issue there, the overall pose and rest of the mini is lovely and the chain tabbard is sweet

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Really have no complaints about that mini. Like the looks of it and the paint job does it some serious justice.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I quite like this one, the gun is utter poo and as old man said the cloak is far too thick, really like the sword and the chain tabard and the armour looks nice, not sure sold on the shoulder pads with the two ridges, i would have preferred more detail/ornate sculpting on the shoulders to match other areas of the armour, really like the hyrda head hood thing.
I think it would make a really cool general for a dark elf or even dark eldar archon as its not overly "space marine"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Could be painted up great as a Slaanesh Lord (a lot of the WFB Slaaneshy stuff used to have snake legs and stuff) or maybe a Tzeentch Sorc or something (painting the snakes as different coloured dragon heads).
Though in the piccys to me either the chest plate looks to low or the head looks to raised.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I reckon he looks pretty cool, agreeing with all the general consensus of the
gun. My thought of Alpharius/Omegon was that they were short (to primarch standard), the same height as regular marines, more to disguise their identities. After reading "Legion" I think it was, Alpha/Omeg used to have others take their place in meetings etc for further subterfuge. So, from this, he's missing a helmet, and his armour is far too ornate, as the Alpha Legion states, "we are legion". They are all Alpharius!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts