Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Been a while since I have posted, and even longer since I have played. Well, neither of those are too long actually, but I just wanted to run this list through here and see if it gets an a'ok. Thanks for the feedback! :biggrin:

Da Big Boss
Big Mek
1 Big Mek
Kustom Force Field
'Eavy Armour

Speshul boyz
Lootas
12 Lootas

Waaagh, it's da Boyz!!

Shoota Boyz
30 Slugga Boyz
3 Big Shootas
1 Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole

Shoota Boyz
30 Shoota Boyz
3 Big Shootas
1 Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole

Metal Gitz
Killa Kans
3 Killa Kans
3 Rokkit Launchas

Killa Kans
3 Killa Kans
3 Rokkit Launchas

Total: 1000

·
4,491 Posts
Hey everyone! Been a while since I have posted, and even longer since I have played. Well, neither of those are too long actually, but I just wanted to run this list through here and see if it gets an a'ok. Thanks for the feedback! :biggrin:

Da Big Boss
Big Mek
1 Big Mek
Kustom Force Field
'Eavy Armour
He really doesn't need any wargear besides the KFF, but i realize you added it simply to use up the remaining points.

Speshul boyz
Lootas
12 Lootas
Perfect! :eek:k:

Waaagh, it's da Boyz!!

Shoota Boyz
30 Slugga Boyz
3 Big Shootas
1 Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole
Perfect. :eek:k:

Shoota Boyz
30 Shoota Boyz
3 Big Shootas
1 Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole

Metal Gitz
Killa Kans
3 Killa Kans
3 Rokkit Launchas

Killa Kans
3 Killa Kans
3 Rokkit Launchas

Total: 1000
If i could advise any changes, it would be to split the Kanz into 3 units of 2 rather than 2 units of 3.

I realize the EA on the Big Mek is just to fill in points too, which is ok.

But basically, this is pretty much the copy/paste Kan Wall list for 1000 points.
It needs no corrections.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Great List there mate, just make sure that you whittle down enemy squads before going into combat, Shootas aren't quite as good as Sluggas in melee.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, get to test it out today. I see what you mean about splitting the Kanz, so I'll do that. Also, yes the upgrades were just point fillers. Thanks! :D

Edit: Also, thank you Sullen. I'll keep that in mind!

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far as whittling down the enemy squads its absolutely true your looking at a lot less attacks but also you've gained the ability to shoot 60 shots which at a squad of marines averages out to 6.66 dead. Not a bad day and you can still do that at an 18" range I personally love shoota boys and hope you love them as well.

·
4,491 Posts
As far as whittling down the enemy squads its absolutely true your looking at a lot less attacks but also you've gained the ability to shoot 60 shots which at a squad of marines averages out to 6.66 dead. Not a bad day and you can still do that at an 18" range I personally love shoota boys and hope you love them as well.
Might want to check your maths dude.

60 shots
20 hit (5+)
10 wound (4+)
3.33 failed saves (<3)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Switch up the Kan to 3 squads of 2, and give 1 squad Grotzookas. Other than that... Enjoy the Waaagh! :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Nice list, looks good to me. I personally like 'eavy armour on the mek simply to have a chance at keeping him alive through an assault phase since he's in the front of the mob.

As far as changing the kans to 3 mobs of 2, I advise against it. 2x3 has several advantages such as being easier to fit into your KFF (since you need 2 of the kans in the bubble to get your 4+ save) and maintain a wall formation. When you split it up into 3x2 then you're going to have to fit 4 kans under the bubble much more crowded together. 2x3 kan mobs also let you get your mobs into CC more easily, since even if friendly models are in the way you only have to get 1 kan into base contact to let the other 2 contribute, and this is much more difficult with 3x2.

The downside is that you have more kans that can be destroyed by immobilize results. Personally, I still prefer 2x3, primarily so the formation is cleaner and can cover a broader area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts