Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so my Dad comes in from work, saying:

'Nick there's some of Tom's old warhammer in the car for you';

So naturally I'm like 'OH MY GOD', And it turns out theres alot of Dark Eldar!!

Now my problem is; It didn't come with a codex! So I'll wait for that...
So I have no idea what I now own, So i'm going to ask if someone could tot up roughly what models there are here; and how many points it would be (Obviously with no actual point costs)

Excuse the horrible paint jobs, Not done by me! I will fix them up, if i decide to use this army!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I love you random guy. :)

In truth most of those units are useless in battle. as there is no raiders and ravagers :)

However it's about 3k points methinks. roughly.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>.> Yay inherited an army worth of useless crappily painted models :]

I'm going to wait for the new codex, And if it's good, I'll play new DE with OOP models :')

Otherwise my friend said he'd take it, lol.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd do that. If not Just purchase a couple of raiders an your army is good to go. :) that kind of list can be pulled off, you just need epicz skillz. :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't believe i have epic skills actually.

It's quite ironic, The one time i get a free 3000 Point army; It's my least favourite army, that I am told are completely useless.
Such is life, eh. :X

·
Registered
228 Posts
youu has hellions. :) The most epic unit (and most uselss) in all of 40K, so don't feel to bad. :)

Alll of this will change in nov, DE footsloggers might become feasible. :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'll wait for that, If not, I'll eBay it, or give it to a mate. I Don't have the space for models I'm not using! Specially considering The Block in my room i keep my warhammer on, Is home to about 4500 points of Khorne, including the boxes AND it's my wardrobe, Lmao. :3

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeh jus wait for november , those very models that are shit and useless now may get some funny shit hot rules that make em sneaky sneaky. Also if hellions stay in the new codex they'll deffo be made useable .

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're inherited army is pretty respectable- if you go out and buy at least 5 raiders and a few ravagers. These new units are meant to look much better in the new edition so as everyone else has said, just wait a couple months.

Alternatively, I notice 3 Talos. If you want to have a game with these Dark Eldar field;
all the talos
10 Warriors with 2 dark lances (I only saw two dark lances)
the rest of the Warriors as 10-20 men with 2 splinter cannons a squad,
maybe chuck in a mandrake squad and the warp beast squad
You'll have an army. It definitely won't be competitive, but is probably your best bet.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, I think i'm giving it all to my friend, He really wants it, Saying it's all amazing, and telling me not to listen to Heresy-Online :laugh:

Heh, Heresy Always knows best.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i saw the new dex at the store yesterday ITS AMAZIN im preordering 3 warriors and 1 raider tommorw since im a little new to DE i was planing on starting a DL spam list but when i heard about the new dex i jumped in btw your army looks cool use those hounds for beastmasters!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts