Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Well, as far as height goes, for Ghazghkull, I've heard height ranges from 14 to 20 ft, but I do not have a source for that. The 4e Orks Codex states that most Warbosses can reach up to 10 ft. in height (pg. 8). Armor, especially Mega Armor as seen on Ghazghkull, can knock up height, however. For everything else, weight and such, I wish I had more, although I guess it's a moot point as so much of it appears to be muscle.

Hope that helps!

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Yeh warbosses are huge, just thinking aloud boys are around space marine hight but slouch so are slightly taller (8-9 foot tall), nobs are taller than the boys (maybe 10-12 foot). But warbosses vary in height lots from nobs height to huge dreadnaught or larger even if they have time and war to grow, really i don't think that there is a limit to a orks size.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
There are recorded cases of Greenskin Warbosses reaching the size of Imperial tanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Has there been any description of the Warboss that Horus had to save the Emperor from (OK, I know that's a loaded statement)? It's hard to think of a single creature with enough power that it takes on the Big E and one of the premier fighting primarchs.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Has there been any description of the Warboss that Horus had to save the Emperor from (OK, I know that's a loaded statement)? It's hard to think of a single creature with enough power that it takes on the Big E and one of the premier fighting primarchs.
Your forum name amuses me in this context.

OT: In Horus Rising it's implied that the Ork is gargantuan but a specific size isn't really mentioned.

I believe there was a topic awhile ago discussing whether the Ork's power came from its size or whether Weirdboyz were involved at some level to amplify an already capably powerful Warboss.

Either way (Taking into account previous responses in this topic) it was more than likely over 15ft tall, perhaps 20ft.

As a side note, if it were that big presumably the dimensions of its body would also be gigantic, yet it's widely reported that the Ork was strangling the Emperor. How could its big meaty paws wrap themselves around his neck?

·
Registered
237 Posts
As a side note, if it were that big presumably the dimensions of its body would also be gigantic, yet it's widely reported that the Ork was strangling the Emperor. How could its big meaty paws wrap themselves around his neck?
The Emperor seems to be able to alter his size. Maybe he was gargantuan too.

Some have questioned the Emperor's motivations in this incident, suggesting his danger was feigned in order to win over Horus.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Some have questioned the Emperor's motivations in this incident, suggesting his danger was feigned in order to win over Horus.
As in pumping up his ego/reputation before naming him Warmaster, or...?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The Emperor seems to be able to alter his size. Maybe he was gargantuan too.

Horus was capable of wounding the emperor. Granted he was pumped up with chaos powers.

Why couldn't a warboss with a large enough waaagh have the same powers. They are also described as being the size of leman russ's

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Horus was capable of wounding the emperor. Granted he was pumped up with chaos powers.

Why couldn't a warboss with a large enough waaagh have the same powers. They are also described as being the size of leman russ's
Was not the warboss the size of a Imperator class titan? I have read that he was comparable to a titan.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Count me in as a supporter of this theory.

You're comparing a being empowered by all four Chaos powers and who is being actively watched over during his fight with the Emperor with nothing more than an extremely strong Ork.

Just no.

Was not the warboss the size of a Imperator class titan? I have read that he was comparable to a titan.
I believe it was White Dwarf #89.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yes the warboss was the size of an imperator titan, it was choking the emperor out. Then horus came by and chopped his arm with a combat knife.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I think in Rynn's World they see a warboss that a scout says was almost as wide as a dreadnaught (which the book states is around 4 meters). A veteran Space Marine later notes that while the scout exaggerated the size, he didn't exaggerate it all that much.

How that translates into height, I'm not too sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts