Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey heresy my brother and i pre ordered space hulk and it arrived and i had my first game it was amazing. I thought it would be hard and boring but it was fun i won the first game playing tyrinads. the models are like the normal miniatures. Tell me your thoughts on the game.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Space Hulk's first edition was what introduced me to the hobby, it's an amazing game. Haven't played the newest incarnation yet, though I may pop by the local GW for a run since they have it set up in store. The video game is literally juuuust like the board game, if you have Steam on your computer it's definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I love it... Love the board game, love the video game... Love the models... Love the backstory/atmosphere...
Just... Love... It...
I really want my own, but I can't afford £75 :cray:
Trying to get me some of the termies though for HQs, priests and sergeants...
Hopefully the release brought the prices down, I should check :)

EDIT: Nope, prices remain as high as ever :( £75 for all of them bargain! other wise I would have to walk into my local gw and pick up a full box for that :good:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
i have been painting up the models and i find them better to normal they are very detailed
Quite gorgeous models, I agree. It would be nice if GW could do Terminator box upgrades for chapters. The newest Deathwing (and Space Wolves, too) box looks amazing, it would be nice to see that level of detail show up for other chapters.

...though I guess we do have Death Company and Sanguinary Guard. Just seems like even through Forgeworld there's still more Terminator bling for other chapters than ours. Not to mention how terrible I would feel about cutting apart those nice Space Hulk models to give them all Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields. Who uses Stormbolters anymore?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Quite gorgeous models, I agree. It would be nice if GW could do Terminator box upgrades for chapters. The newest Deathwing (and Space Wolves, too) box looks amazing, it would be nice to see that level of detail show up for other chapters.

...though I guess we do have Death Company and Sanguinary Guard. Just seems like even through Forgeworld there's still more Terminator bling for other chapters than ours. Not to mention how terrible I would feel about cutting apart those nice Space Hulk models to give them all Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields. Who uses Stormbolters anymore?
I use stormbolters :victory:

Though, true, I hardly ever play terminators competitively :grin:

I love the set, personally. I had some money saved so I just went for it - completely worth it, even for the models alone, and the game is tons of fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts