Just bought my first models, made up of the following:
-Farseer w/ Warlock Body Guard
-Dire Avengers
-Dire Avengers
-Fire Dragons
-2x Wave Serpent
-Falcon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my 1000 point list made from those models. Any advice or opinions or anything would be appreciated. I might buy a few more squads next time I go to the store so please let me know what models you think I should purchase next to work my way up to 1500. Thanks.

Farseer w/ Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Doom, Fortune

6 Fire Dragons, Exarch w/ Firepike

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch w/ Dual Catapults, Bladestorm
-Wave Serpent w/ Twin-Linked EML

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch w/ Dual Catapults, Bladestorm
-Wave Serpent w/ Twin-Linked EML

Falcon w/ Scatter Laser, Spirit Stones, Holo-Fields

·
Registered
378 Posts
All I have to say is that list is pretty spot on. It will win you games at that level if you use it right. All I would say is if it were me I would prefer guide on the seer to fortune as you have him with the dire avengers I assume, who dont have an AMAING save allready and the absolute hilarity of rolling all the dice for a guided and doomed bladestorm. Also frees up some points. Maybe spend them on a underslung shuriken cannon for one of the tanks.

For moving up to 1500 this is a very strong base to work from, you could really go any way you want to go. A good idea would be some more troops to have 3 squads of troops for the objective games. Also get some elites, maybe howling banshees (they have lovely models too :wink:). Finally a fireprism would be good for some good old pie plating fun.

Anyway, nice list :victory: try it out a few times and see what you think would compliment this at 1500.

Have fun :grin:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
You took the plunge! Nice start, too.

You have the basic models down and what Cocakoala suggested there were pretty good ideas for expansion. But since you have the base list figured out, feel free to try the things you think look like fun. Otherwise, you might not ever...

Get that darn Avatar you were looking at! He's still decent!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You took the plunge! Nice start, too.

You have the basic models down and what Cocakoala suggested there were pretty good ideas for expansion. But since you have the base list figured out, feel free to try the things you think look like fun. Otherwise, you might not ever...

Get that darn Avatar you were looking at! He's still decent!
Yeah I wussed out and went with all the basic stuff that everyone says works instead of some of the other stuff I was thinking about.

I'm deffinately gonna get an Avatar and some storm guardians one day soon though. And they will charge across the table in your honor!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good. Only thing I can think of is possibly drop the falcon in favor of a bare bones WS for the fire dragons and use the points somewhere else, because anything carrying FDs tends to get blown to hell. Also lose the firepike as it doesn't help at all really, give him either a flamer or a power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts