Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Skimmer wall would be a benefit against DA's. I've found with the number of melta weapons, cheap Inquisitor w/ Emperor's Tarot, you want first turn and the ability to hit skimmers before they move.

DA's seem really geared to go after Skimmer Mech lists.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think if i was to do DA i'd defo go with a flamer whirlwind.

·
Registered
76 Posts
in GT do you have to specify the missile type on the army list?

I think I prefer the Firewind variant too. As most targets who would make use of cover would be generally low T low save troops.

its just a shame, DA can't lay minefields

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
blessed knight said:
Stella Cadente said:
5: Mortis dreads are nasty, very effective, better than those stupid Las/missile combos, and in combat it killed 3 terminators on its own hehe
But isn't the Mortis dread an FW addition? even daemonhunter =I= can be good with FW stuff added.

What is the list like when used on its own?
Come off it, a mortis is NOT game winner, 2 twin-linked lascannons and 180pts is not a uber killer of death machine

anathema said:
To be fair daemonhunters aren't exactly the stiffest opposition you're likely to face, so I wouldn't consider your win as definitive proof. Have you used them vs. tougher armies yet? I'm still not hearing many bat-reps so far, so I'm interested to know how they do against the full spectrum of lists.
Umm I said I lost??

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only problem I have with the codex is the layout; they've changed it twice now! the first four codex’s (SM, Tyranids, BT and Tau) were all the same layout which was background, army list, colour pages, but the Eldar was set up the Fantasy book style (background, army list with rules, army list short listed and colour pages) and then make the dark angel codex different again (background, army list with rules and categorised units, colour pages and army list short listed). It makes it all so confusing, I noticed this since I have them all (only using marine, Nid and Tau :wink: )

·
Registered
954 Posts
No blessed knight. You do not have to state which ammo type you are using at GT. You just have to inform your opponent at the start of the game as to which one your going to use. Same as you do not have to deside whether your Death Company have jump packs or are in a rhino as long as you have both models and have bought the jump pack for the chaplain!

MarzM :mrgreen:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Stella Cadente said:
Come off it, a mortis is NOT game winner, 2 twin-linked lascannons and 180pts is not a uber killer of death machine
I know it isn't.
You were saying how good the new list was, then listed something not on the list as one of its good points.

Thats what i was querying.

MarzM said:
No blessed knight. You do not have to state which ammo type you are using at GT. You just have to inform your opponent at the start of the game as to which one your going to use. Same as you do not have to deside whether your Death Company have jump packs or are in a rhino as long as you have both models and have bought the jump pack for the chaplain!

MarzM :mrgreen:
Cheers MarzM. That means Belial will be pretty handy too. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Umm I said I lost??
Umm, you didn't say either way? I only assumed you won because you were talking up the DA units so much.

I'm retaining an open mind until I see a few winning battle reports from DA armies and how they did it. Once I've seen the imaginative uses and killer combos that players come up then I'll be prepared to accept that they're not as bad as people say. However hearing some more of their restrictions from a marine player at the weekend then kudos is indeed due to those who make a winning army from them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i hate the way codicies are going, i like armouries and optional unit size :x , there is one thing i like though is that special characters are hq's now :D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I like the theory behind all the options being in the lists, but i would have liked them to have kept more variety, especially on options like captains. otherwise all captains etc kind of lose there personality, and we start seeing lots of the same sorts of captains etc again and again

61 - 71 of 71 Posts