Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

June Painting Deathmatch: Single Miniature!

Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Single Miniature - Any single miniature from any company up to 40mm size base.*

2. To enter the painting deathmatch, the miniature/s you are painting must not be painted before starting and picture proof must be shown of the miniature/s 'pre-painted' (primed is allowed) otherwise your entry will not be eligible. Picture proof qualifies as part/all of the miniature shown in front of a screen with the image of this thread on it OR a picture with a time stamp taken after this thread was created. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to PM me or post in this thread. As I'm on vacation this month... a PM in addition to posting in the thread is probably best to get a timely response from me.

3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT of June 30th, 2013. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.

4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.

5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge run by humakt but a separate Monthly event run by myself. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please let me know as we will take into account any feedback.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I have a couple of Menoth solo characters on order, if I can get them in the next week or two I will post one here.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Double block as per last month's failure :cray:

One DV Lord.
I'll sort out a picture tomorrow, as I'm about ten minutes away from going to work :(

Edit:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Going to actually take a crack at this again this month. Have a conversion to do first, so it may depend on how much time that takes. If that conversion takes too long, I still have my Khorso Khan conversion that I haven't managed to do more than prime.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I'm going to do something a little different

A Space Nun from Infinity

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

Going to go with this guy from the DV cultist lists, if I get my Menoth Solo's in the next week or so I might swap to them.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
And here she be

Reactions: Dave T Hobbit

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Progress so far on the mini:

Need to work on the cloak more, make it a brighter purple, also going to make him a dark skinned guy. I think it will stand out more, that way, especially if I do the chaos star as a pinkish white scar.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Progress so far on the mini:

Need to work on the cloak more, make it a brighter purple, also going to make him a dark skinned guy. I think it will stand out more, that way, especially if I do the chaos star as a pinkish white scar.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Copy from Army Challenge thread.

It's not perfect, the wash is still wet, and the pictures are crap. But here he is;

Still toying with ideas for basing, hopefully that's ok? :)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
More Progress!

Am happy with how it is coming along, will finish it up this weekend, also see that I need to do a better job of lighting and whatnot for pics.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
And he is done, didn't realize how exaggerated his forward leaning pose was until I based it, might redo the base at a later time so it looks like he is advancing up a incline instead

Edit: Hmmm these pics look like absolute shit....I will try and take better ones tomorrow during the day, have to go to work now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts