Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friendly game tomorrow against eldar and just wondering which list would work out better. We're playing Maelstrom and I don't want to completely destroy the guy, he's a friend, I just want it to be fun and competitive.

I know he'll have some MCs, fire warrior dudes, at least one wave serpent and possibly a flyer. I think two psykers.

First list is BA Assault Marines with the Flesh Tearer's Detachment from Exterminatus. I've posted it before, but now it's upgraded to 2K.

220 Dante

225 Librarian Dread (ML2, Lucius Drop Pod)

70 5x Scouts (Snipers, Camo)

225 10x Assault Marines (Vet, PF, 2x Melta)
200 10x Assault Marines (2x Hand-Flamer, 2x Flamer)
200 10x Assault Marines (2x Hand-Flamer, 2x Flamer)

135 5x Dev (4x ML)
135 5x Dev (4x ML)
135 5x Dev (4x ML)

=1995

The second is also one I've posted before, but bumped the points up. It's White Scars with Iron Hands allies and an Imperial Assassin.

WHITE SCARS:

150 Khan
150 Command Squad (Bikes, Apothecary)

235 5x Bikes + Attack Bike (Vet, PF, Combi-Grav, 2x Grav)(MM)

75 Landspeeder Typhoon
75 Landspeeder Typhoon

CLAN RAUKAAN (Iron Hands):

245 Chapter Master (Bike, Artificer, Gorgon Chain, Thunderhammer)

70 5x Scouts (Camo, Snipers)

145 Mk V Mortis Dreadnought (2x TLLC)

145 Stormtalon (Typhoon)

100 Thunderfire Cannon

ASSASSINS:

140 Culexsus

=2000

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blood angels for the challenge it is! Thanks for the reply. I'll post how it goes.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Played the angels. My buddy totally tailored his list to kill the shit out of marines, but I totally overestimated his in game tactics. I combat squadded all but one assault squad and kept all the meltas and power fists in reserve with Dante. I ended up being able to bait him into killing off 5-man assault squads and landing in my fire lanes every turn and dying to missile fire. The game ended 15-4 for the Angels. I ended up playing PAINFULLY conservative with my fast assault troops who would lose out on AP and Initiative or get wasted by template fire. Devastators were the all stars, killing a Wraith Knight, Wraith Lord, and two squads of wraith somethings. He spent a large portion of the game chasing Dante who I dangled in front of him like a carrot but kept just out of charge range. My Libbie Dread spent most of the game hiding inside his Lucius pod and making his fire warriors salvate just outside of charge range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts