Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Very nice! Painting to a consistent level across that many models is a challenge and they look great all ranked up like that! I too am eagerly awaiting the second wave release! We will see what sort of goodies they add to the verminous horde. + rep.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Howdy, Heretics!

Just a really quick update - thought I'd throw up a couple of shots of what I've been working on the past couple of evenings [you may have guessed what this is by the post subject line!]. Still very much work in progress - have to tidy up the high-lights on the blades, and pondering adding some OSL, and maybe even completely re-painting his trousers...

But, have a look, and tell me what you think so far!

I think he's looking great, love the crimson cloak and I think the trousers are fine too.

I think if it was me I wouldn't have given him such dark fur though, as his face and arms don't really stand out against his dark clothing. Really nice stuff though, looks like a fun model to paint.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
All quiet in the Under Empire...

Just a little progress on my Skaven army in the past little while... I'm waiting for the joys of Christmas, and the January 2nd Wave to add reinforcements to the army [and begin the Heresy Army Challenge!]. So have a few hasty shots of Warlord Skreet Verminkin - the last of the IoB models I had left to paint...

Comments, and criticism, are always welcome on this plog!

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I like him, but I think that the skin on his face needs some highlighting. It gets lost in the rest of the model. Good job other than that!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hellpit Abomination...

...Well, not really. But this will do nicely as a stand-in until the new model is out in January...

For those interested, this little fella is my newest flatmate. He arrived today, and his name is Loki!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The Heresy Online Army Painting Challenge 2011

They are indeed, sir! He is irritatingly adorable...

Anyhoo, back to business - just a quick post to test out my new daylight lamp with regards to photographing my minis. Below you will see part of my January entry for the Army Painting Challenge - I'll undercoat, and start painting once we hit 2011. I can't wait. Then it's onto a rather nice Vermin Lord conversion I'm planning, and a whole heap of Skaven Slaves!

Catch you on the flipside, Heretics...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Army Painting Challenge - January Entry

As you may have gathered from the title of the post, below you will find photos of my really dull entry for the Army Painting Challenge this month - a unit of Giant Rats, with Packmaster. I also finished a spare Packmaster, who will get his own unit of Rats fairly soon...

As a sneak preview, why don't you have a look at a rather cryptic picture? Anyone like to hazard a guess as to the purpose of this chariot base covered in stuff?

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I love the way that your rust comes out! I like they way your little diorama is coming out though I have no idea what it is going to be.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Something wicked this way comes...

Thanks for all the comments, folks. The kind works and constructive criticism really helps keep me motivated!

As for the little Diorama on the last page, I thought I'd show you some [poor quality] snaps of what it's going to be for...which may well be next months army challenge entry....

I give you my version of the Vermin Lord. It's my first attempt at green-stuff work, so be gentle! I am, however, rather pleased with it - especially the shape of the blade on the scratch-built DoomGlaive...

I'd love to hear what you guys think of it!

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looking pretty cool so far. The one pic of the front is pretty dark so it is hard to see the details, I think I will wait to see him painted before giving my final opinion as some things are hard to tell apart when everything is grey.

I do like the Glaive though so good work there.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I am not certain about the angle of the censer; maybe it would look more realistic if it was slightly closer to horizontal
Once the Vermin Lord is mounted on the roof of the "privy", the censer appears to be at a much better angle. Tilt your head 30 degrees to the side, and you'll see what I mean! :grin:

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Once the Vermin Lord is mounted on the roof of the "privy", the censer appears to be at a much better angle. Tilt your head 30 degrees to the side, and you'll see what I mean! :grin:
Wow! That is going to look cool!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Reinforcements!

So, in between trying to fix my internet connection, and dealing the buggaration factor of Real Life, I've done some painting. First up, 20 plague monks, which formed my February entry for the Army Painting challenge.

These guys were pretty quick to do, painted in the same grey / bone / red colour scheme as the rest of the army, while looking at least reasonably "Pestilens-y". Will have to go back and attempt some freehand on the banner at some point...

Next up from the painting station is another 10 giant rats - part of a slowly growing screen for my larger interesting units. Only thing of note in this unit is that it contains my first attempt at a unit filler - using a couple of bits from the Citadel Woods kit...

Finally, for this uber-update, I painted up the spare Grey Seer from the Plague Furnace kit. Phenomenal model, huge amounts of fun to paint, and now I can run a level 4 wizard [with the Dreaded 13th!] in 1000pt games...mwahahahahah!!! Excuse me, don't know what came over me there.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
...my first attempt at a unit filler - using a couple of bits from the Citadel Woods kit....
It fits the unit quite well.

I painted up the spare Grey Seer from the Plague Furnace kit. Phenomenal model, huge amounts of fun to paint....
The rock is a good idea to get around the balancing pose of the Seer.

I agree that the model is great; I find the entire kit to be very pleasing. All I need is some ideas for how to convert the bits I have not used to Chaos before they lure me into Skaven.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts