Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Voting for

Voting in this deathmatch should be based not just on painting skill, but also for application of different painting techniques, individual artist improvement, creativity and originality etc.

In order to vote, you must pick your favourite 3 entries and list them in order of favourite to least favourite. For example I would vote:

1) Dave T Hobbit (favourite)
2) humakt (second favourite)
3) Viscount Vash (third favourite)

If you vote for an entry as your favourite that entry will recieve 3 points, if you vote for an entry as your second favourite it will recieve 2 points and if you vote for an entry as your third favourite it will recieve 1 point. Once voting is finished I will add up all of the results and the winner will be announced.

If you have entered but do not cast your vote, then no votes for you will count. This is to encourage voting and to ensure that we at least get some votes. If there are fewer than four entries, you do not have to cast all your votes.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 9 August 2015. Any votes cast after this time will be disregarded. If you do not vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd then your vote will also be disregarded.

Awards are as follows:
Participation: 1 reputation
3rd Place: 2 reputation
2nd Place: 3 reputation
1st Place: 4 reputation, receive Mark of Slaanesh during the quarterly Heresy Online Awards

(DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF)

The Entries are below. There are more photographs of some entries in the Entry Thread:

Deus Mortis

DkMiBuch

Haskanael

Warpangel

DaisyDuke

GrimzagGorwazza

Nordicus

Roganzar

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
1) GrimzagGorwazza
Great skintones and the glowing effect on the stomach is very good. It could use a bit of lighting around the scar, but the color combos you got going are excellent.

2) Warpangel
I really like the dust effect you got going on, as it lends a lot to the model. You've also played around with OSL, even if it is a bit excessive. Great model!

3) DkMiBuch
A nice and rusty tank. It looks like it could fall apart - In a good way. Keep it up!

·
Registered
580 Posts
1) Warpangel
They like me rollin' dirty!
Fantastic used look, feels like its actually working at war!

2) DkMiBuch
Papa nurgle would be proud!
If any one loves rust its me. Looks well used, could use some battle damage but that would take from its "functionality" unless you love nurgle too!

3) GrimzagGorwazza
Very well done fading and skin. Love how the scars stick out, the burning chest wound.
All in all really well done. My only cc would be to add some gore and dust on the feet.

Cheers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Warpangel (Favorite)
Wow. Great job.

Nordicus (2nd Favorite)
That tank looks pretty slick

GrimzagGorwazza (3rd Favorite)
This guy looks great. Love the burning scar look in the chest.

·
Registered
142 Posts
1) Nordicus
2) Warpangel
3) GrimzagGorwazza

Very nicely done, everyone!

Already looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for August :D

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
1. Nordicus - As ever, your smooth colour transitions and excellent composition are just awesome to see.
2. GrimzagGorwazza - Smooth colours but crazy! I like it, it's a fitting look for such a fell beast of chaos.
3. Deusmortis - Smooth colours (good work with the white), nice weathering and OSL, overall a lovely looking piece.

The competition sure was stiff this time, I think the gods of chaos should be pleased with most of the entries and afraid of some others (not sure how @Warpangels' dreadknight would go against two Sicaran tanks, but I'm sure he'd give it... A good bash...)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
1. Nordicus

I mean, hot damn. I hope my Sicaran looks half as good when I get round to it!

2. GrimzagGorwazza

The flesh tones are so good and the lighting on the chest and scars are so good. Well done!

3. Warpangel

The dust effect is great, if slightly too much. But it has the effect of making him look like he just kicked down the building, which is call. Plus the blues and silver tones are really nice. Good job pal.

All in all, a great month. Honoured to compete with such fine hobbyists :victory:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
1. Nordicus
2. Grimzag
3. DaisyDuke

Great paint jobs all round,and yet again good to see so many entries.
@Nordicus, the one and only flaw I can see in an otherwise stunning paint job has, ironically, nothing to do with the paint job, but the decals. It's a shame that the transparent trim around the decal stands out against the paint. Try looking up Microsol decal softener. It has completely changed how I view and use decals.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
@Nordicus, the one and only flaw I can see in an otherwise stunning paint job has, ironically, nothing to do with the paint job, but the decals. It's a shame that the transparent trim around the decal stands out against the paint. Try looking up Microsol decal softener. It has completely changed how I view and use decals.
Ace tip - I will be sure to look it up as I have been having troubles with this exact issue :good: Thanks!

·
Registered
522 Posts
  1. GrimzagGorwazza - I love the colour selection and overall paint job, great work.
  2. Nordicus - Fantastic, as always. The weathering on the tracks is ace, and the smooth blending of the rest of the chassis is very nice indeed.
  3. Warpangel - The dust effects and clean paint job really made this for me. Very professional.

·
Registered
633 Posts
1) GrimzagGorwazza - Damn epic looking Khorgorath, the blue looks amazing.
2) Nordicus - Managing to look relatively clean but weathered is an impressive feat.
3) Warpangel - Grey knight baby carriers usually don't look so badass. The dust and positioning make this one stand out.

Another month of some epic looking stuff.:good:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ace tip - I will be sure to look it up as I have been having troubles with this exact issue :good: Thanks!

@Nordicus That stuff is great. I don't do decals without it. Caused a major step up in quality for me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
1) Warpangel: You made me like a model I don't like damn you!
2) Nordicus: You managed to create a style of airbrush work which lies very close to brushwork and I love it!
3) GrimzagGorwazza: Nice clean paintjob with some cool effects thrown in, well done! :good:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts