Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A silly question. On the BRB it says that while an Independent Character is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes, though he still follows the rules for characters. It also states that if an
Independent Character joins a unit, and all other models in that unitare killed, he again becomes a unit of one model at the start of the following phase.
So my stupid question is : does he need to take a morale check if all his buddies in the joined unit are killed (so, more than 25%) and also pinning tests if needed, even though he is alone?
My take is yes, clearly. But am I right? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That is a very interesting question.... RAW I would say yes because a kill point is still rewarded at that point too, meaning there is no unit there, but RAI no because the guy has still seen the unit he is with just get killed which would make one quake in their boots a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
He takes a test but is allowed to take a normal test to Rally next turn (not one needing snake-eyes) if he fails.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks deatklokk, that was my thought. rules are clear, but i had a doubt nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
What sucks is if one regular guy from the squad is alive and they fail the IC get's to run off the table with him unless they make snake-eyes on the Rally.

I think the IC should be able to shoot him! lol

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What sucks is if one regular guy from the squad is alive and they fail the IC get's to run off the table with him unless they make snake-eyes on the Rally.

I think the IC should be able to shoot him! lol
i hadn't considered this...that sucks!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If an IC is in the unit then they always use normal leadership even if under 25%

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Ack! Good catch, Falcoso! I guess I've already purged 6th from my databanks in anticipation of 7th.

It's pg. 39 under "Heroic Morale", Nerf.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks folks :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ack! Good catch, Falcoso! I guess I've already purged 6th from my databanks in anticipation of 7th.

It's pg. 39 under "Heroic Morale", Nerf.
Haha would be a bitch if they got rid of that in 7th.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts