Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys general question about Jetbikes... which armies is better? Eldar or Dark eldar... i dont have the DE codex so I am not sure... also do tournments usually allow you two run two armies or not really? also what are some difference between eldar and de jetbikes ty.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Eldar: Cheaper, Tougher, Shuriken weapons including cannons, Troops

DEldar: Better Cover Save, Can hit people they fly over, Poison Weapons backed with lances or Haywire, Fast Attack.

I like the Eldar version better for being tougher to things that ignore cover and scoring. But I've seen the Dark Eldar Reavers cause a lot of grief just by turbo boosting every turn. And they both make great last turn denial or line breaker units if you are going second.

·
Registered
302 Posts
They do completely different things. One is good because it's a cheap, fast, comparatively durable troop with twin-linked almost rending guns. The other is an incredibly annoying denial unit that is more mobile (skilled rider), can provide solid anti-tank projection (Heat Lances or Blasters), plus a strange and good "shooting" attack that removes casualties from the rear of a unit. I would also argue that Reaver Jetbikes are "tougher" because they have the Power From Pain special rule. Reavers can also be better in close combat because of Combat Drugs plus an Arena Champion with a Power Lance or an Agonizer. Windrider Jetbikes, by contrast, have access to Warlocks.

Personally, I don't think it's good comparison because Eldar Jetbikes are "better" in the sense that they are always scoring but are otherwise one dimensional.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
The guys above have pretty much covered it, so really the next question is... What do you want to do witht hem? A DE army can't run full bikes, so if you're asking from that standpoint, then Eldar HAS to win just because you get no other option to toy with. Ravenwing and Codex Marines are the only other armies that can run full bikes as troops.

With Warlocks you can have Eldar Jetbikes with a possible 3++ Jink, and Singing Spears are nice for anti armor, so you can get decently durable and agressive troops on a fast frames, and Bladestorm weapons can give you a fighting chance even against TEQ targets. And those are your troops.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't really see why you would want to run a full jetbike army simply because Windriders can't get good anti-tank weapons. They also prevent you from taking the amazing Wave Serpent. Sure, you need to take something like Guardians or Dire Avengers, but neither of those are bad by any stretch of the imagination.

One or two squads of Windriders are more than sufficient. They're cheap scoring units that are good against infantry. Reaver Jetbikes, although not scoring most missions, are also capable of doing things but you only need one unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts