Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an idea, probably not to practical, but very fast.

Farseer, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Guide, Doom, Jetbike - 165 points.

9 Guardian Jetbikes, 3 Shuriken Cannon, Warlock with Conceal - 288 points.

5 Shining Spears, Exarch with Star Lance, Withdraw - 227 points.

5 Shining Spears, Exarch with Star Lance, Withdraw - 227 points.

That's 1'483 points. Farseer advances with first squad of Guardian Jetbikes, other two are cover for shining spears.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
very fluffy. I like:victory:
However your main problem will be tanks. Only your Witchblades can touch AV14 and only having 4 of them means you need alot of luck.
So here is what i suggest. Drop 1 unit of Shinning spears as you will never need more than 5 in almost any army outisde of Apocalypse. Then take 1 guardian unit and slit it maxing out the other 2 and dropping what left.
Hopefuly that should geve you enought poitns for 2 Fire Prisms with Holo-fields for tank busting. If not then just drop a few bikes here and there or some Shinning spears.
The only other thing i could advice is taking Fotune instead of Guide. This will give you a re-roll save agianst everying at range(only a Flamestorm cannon will nto give you a save) and even Ap3+ weapons will now only have a 50/50 chance of killing your guardians. jus tbe carful of Power wepaons.

As for oppoents. I think this army might stuggle against Mecha Guard and Tau due to there heavy amount of fire power and that Guardians are only slightly better than Guard in combat. Agianst Daemons, Orks & Nid's they will have there work cut out as they want to be in combat but you ahve the speed to stop them form doign that and then let lose with the fire power.

So to put it in bullet points;
- Guide
- 5-7 Shinning Spears
- 9 Guardians

+ 3 Gaurdians to each untis(and 1 cannon)
+ Fortune
+ 2 Fire Prisms

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
The Shining Spears can touch AV14 in it's special place as well. The Exarch will get 4 S8 Lance hits on the charge and the other guys 3 S6 Lance hits as well so the Exarch can Pen a Land Raider and the other guys can give it a severe glancing.

I mean this list is massively flawed, but it's fun and fluffy, entertaining to play I would say.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The Shining Spears can touch AV14 in it's special place as well. The Exarch will get 4 S8 Lance hits on the charge and the other guys 3 S6 Lance hits as well so the Exarch can Pen a Land Raider and the other guys can give it a severe glancing.

I mean this list is massively flawed, but it's fun and fluffy, entertaining to play I would say.

Aramoro
Oh ofcourse. i forgot it count's as a lance weapon. My bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts