Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this came up in a game last night and was just wondering if we did it right.

I had a unit of screamers on one side of a hill and my friend had some grey knights purge squad on the other side keeping them out of line of sight for his turn. so what I did was turbo boost around the hill and ended up where I started from (so completed a full circle) and did the slashing attack on the unit. now he was under the impression that I can't do that that I had to choose a direction and fly that way in order to do the attack. my thought was that I could zigzag all over the place to make sure I fly over an enemy unit.

in the rule book under jetbikes it doesn't say anything either way nor does it under the slashing attack. so pretty much looking for a general consensus.

cheers guys

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Bikes and Jetbikes cannot Run, but can make a special Turbo-boost move instead of firing in their Shooting phase.

Turbo-boosting Bikes move up to 12", Turbo-boosting Jetbikes move up to 24". Controlling their Bikes at such speeds takes all the riders’ concentration and skill, however. Bikes and Jetbikes therefore cannot shoot, charge or execute any other voluntary action until the end of their turn after Turbo-boosting.
It is perfectly fine to measure a unit’s move in one direction, and then change your mind and decide to move it somewhere else (even the opposite way entirely!) or decide not to move it at all. As you move the models in a unit, they can be turned to face in any direction, but if a model does move, no part of its base can finish the move more than 6" away from where it started the Movement phase.
In short, you're correct.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers Vaz,

we only read the first paragraph. pays to keep on reading sometimes LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts