Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Voting for

Voting in this deathmatch should be based not just on painting skill, but also for application of different painting techniques, individual artist improvement, creativity and originality etc.

In order to vote, you must pick your favourite 3 entries and list them in order of favourite to least favourite. For example I would vote:

1) Dave T Hobbit (favourite)
2) humakt (second favourite)
3) Viscount Vash (third favourite)

If you vote for an entry as your favourite that entry will recieve 3 points, if you vote for an entry as your second favourite it will recieve 2 points and if you vote for an entry as your third favourite it will recieve 1 point. Once voting is finished I will add up all of the results and the winner will be announced.

If you have entered but do not cast your vote, then no votes for you will count. This is to encourage voting and to ensure that we at least get some votes. If there are fewer than four entries, you do not have to cast all your votes.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 10 February 2015. Any votes cast after this time will be disregarded. If you do not vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd then your vote will also be disregarded.

Awards are as follows:
Participation: 1 reputation
3rd Place: 2 reputation
2nd Place: 3 reputation
1st Place: 4 reputation, receive Mark of Slaanesh during the quarterly Heresy Online Awards

(DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF)

The Entries are below. There are more photographs of some entries in the Entry Thread:

Nordicus

cirs85

Viscount Vash

GrimzagGorwazza

Hellathos

LokiDeathclaw

Deus Mortis

Relise

ThaTallOne

madfly-art

Khorne's Fist

R-Squared

SwedeMarine

Matcap

Iraqiel
http://www.heresy-online.net//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
1) LokiDeathClaw
I love the greys you've achieved and a overall good feeling on the model. Top notch.

2) Madfly-art
B-E-A-utiful model. It's a little dark for my taste, but still you're skill is impeccable.

3) Matcap
That banner dude - That is just... awesome

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
1. R-Squared. Very neat, and suitably old school flash gitz.
2. Iraqiel. The pic of the underside should really have been in this thread as well, and I suggest others go look at the entries thread to see it. I know there are a lot of entries this month, but maybe @Dave T Hobbit might edit it in.
3. Nordicus. Nice muted pallet, and the basing looks great as well.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
1) Tha Tall One - Can't go past stripey pirates!
2)Madfly-art - magnificent detailing with white.
3) R-Squared - Da Orks are da greenest and da bad moons are da flashest! A huge collection of paints represented but blended very well to keep the squad coherent.

There are some fantastic entries, interesting to see how many people are using some form of light 'box', which I really should get on to.

·
Registered
409 Posts
A lot of great entries this month! Took me quite a while to decide.

1) Iraqiel:
Great clean effect on the top and awesome stars effect on the bottom of the plane! Would love to know how you get such a clean coat on vehicles.

2) Nordicus:
Very cool worn and weathered Typhus. I like how you managed to get the details to pop while still using a limited number of colours and muted tones.

3) R-Squared:
Very clean painting style, reminds me of a less heavy highlighted 'eavy metal style of painting. Very nice!

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
1. Nordicus:
wow... just wow

2. madfly-art:
The highlighting on that model is amazing, well done.

3. TheTallOne:
Those stripes on the trousers must have taken some patience and effort, good work.

Overall though blown away by the quality from everyone, great work, congrats.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
1) Matcap Stunning work on that model. and the banner is top notch.
2) R_squared Im not a fan of orks in general but these are amazing. Very well executed.
3) LokiDeathclaw Usually delivers solid work but this is the best piece ive seen from you in a while. keep it up.

And a huge nod to all the other entries for this month. This was really the hardest month to be able to choose a winner. Having 15 entries didn't make it any easier. lets hope the competition stays this active.

·
Registered
106 Posts
1.) Matcap - Love the banner and the blending in general. The way you highlighted the robes makes it seem like it's textured cloth.

2.) Nordicus - Naughty things come to mind when I look at that model, mainly an image of Nurgle maniacally rubbing his hands together and chuckling as pustules pop with satisfaction.

3.) cirs85 - Love how clean your models come out. I'm envious.

·
Registered
221 Posts
This was a hard month, so many outstanding entries! I hope the rest of this years deathmatches go this well!

1) SwedeMarine - The weathering, urban camo cloaks,to all the scope details, wow. You sir did a great job.
2) Viscount Vash - Great conversion, rust/patina, layering, came out awesome. I can't wait to see a full regiment of these guys.
3) ThaTallOne - stripes! yeah I have to give alot of brownie points to those stripes, I still can't do thim. You can make out these guys facial expresions, accidental or painted that way on purpose, gives them both lots of character.

Great job everyone, keep it up!
@Hellathos: Thanks =)

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Great Choices this month

1-madfly-art
2- Iraqiel
3- Nordicus

I just also want to mention that Matcaps image doest show up on my internet connection. (Expect the HTML of the Photo is from a 'Blocked site', Its a common issue with me I can never see Blackadders stuff eather)

·