Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a little list that I thought was fun but still compeditive.

Hq
3x spirit seers

Troops
Wraithguard x5

Wraithguard x5
D-scythes x5

Wraith blades x5
Axes and shields

2x wave serpent with scatter laser, cannon and holofields and spirit stones
1x wave serpent with bright lance, cannon and holofields and spirit stones

Wraithknight
Suncannon
Scatter laser

So idea is put a spirit seer with each squad, move flat out first turn and then unload next turn. The wraithblades bale out second turn as well and act as a counter attack unit if a unit gets charged after. The cannon wraiths attack vehicles and the scythes attack squads that could be dangerous to me. In my experience there scythes are unreal at killing any type of infantry. The wave serpents are there to put out ridiculous amounts of shots and attention does be drawn away from them because of huge threats that is the wraithguard. None of them should be ignored as all squads are capable of killing unit or vehicles and can take punishment in return.

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i like this list alot im not a massive fan of the d scythe yet as it not really worked for me, but a quick question on your HQ , as you have to take the 4 spirt seerers as a single HQ can u actually split them up into different units, ive not seen anything that says you can , but if im wrong please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do believe you can like there not supposed form a sort of seer council, its just to allow you take more spirit seers. I don't I have the book with me at the moment can someone else way in. But to answer your question yes I think you can.
Anything you would change kickboxerdog

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last time I checked they could. There supposed to act like a sorta seer council that you split up. It just a way to allow you to take more spirit seers. I don't have the book on me now. Anyone else fancy waying in now who has the book. but I do believe you can

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ive got the book and it says u can take up to 5 as a single hq but nothing about being able to split them down like the warlock councilt i can see, as to your list i think u got all the basics coverted to be honest i personally would consider dropping one units d scythes tho for wraithcannons but that more a personal choice as with only one unit with the cannons your almost limited to just template range besides the serpents

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well see at first I thought about two units of cannons but with more of a shift to infantry the scythes make more sense. Also if push comes to shove I can turn the scythes on vehicles. Just see the scythes have the ability to kill a tactical squad with just normal rolling and with two squads your talking about two squads of infantry dead there and hopefully a wrecked vehicle with the cannons and what ever the serpents can do is just an added bonus. Not bad for only turn two :p

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hoping to add a wraithknight but points disappear when you start including wraithguard.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I would probably drop a squad of Scythes, with their Serpent, to fit the WK into the army. That also technically gives you back a Seer if you only wanted one per squad, so now you have plenty of points back. Considering that you can let them run, I'm not even sure if I'd bother with Scythes at all; you have lots of amazing s10 weapons with improved range. I'd probably also make all of the Serpents with Scatter, and Cannon; lots of S6 shots, you can TL the Serpernt Shield; so many shots you really don't need Scythes.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I might stay with one unit of scythes just in case and then drop a unit of wraithguard, spirit seer and wave serpent so as to include a wraithknight with Sun cannon and 1 scatter laser. Then I will add scatter lasers to the other wave serpent without it. That should leave me with 55 points so with either a can switch the wraithblades to wraithguard with cannon or scythes since the wraithknight can be used as a counter assault unit. Or I can leave them as they are and give every serpent spirit stones to keep them going and give my warlord the phoenix gem. What do you guys think

·
Registered
184 Posts
As Irish just said, pick up the WK, make him warlord and get the wardstone if its in the points. Keep him close to the guy with the stone and profit. Bet you will also roll a destructor/rejuvinator as well with 3 Seers. You only need one or two to run the new primarus. To bad vanilla locks cant join wraith units, no reveal for you.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just two plus armour saves :grin:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Doesn't Iyanden allow wraithguard to have battle focus? If this is an innate ability, the Dsycthes will work well. Get out of a transport and run close to the unit that is going to die and flame. Agreed they are iffy in a regular force.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Doesn't Iyanden allow wraithguard to have battle focus? If this is an innate ability, the Dsycthes will work well. Get out of a transport and run close to the unit that is going to die and flame. Agreed they are iffy in a regular force.
Spiritseers get a new Primaris power (2 Charge) that allows all Wraithunits within 12" have Focus for the turn. Since you can have up to 5 Seers on one HQ choice, you could theoretically do this constantly, but you are paying for the Seers, and still have to pass the Perils check every round.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the primaris is a aura blessing so good chance of getting most of the wraith unit.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So updated my list, this not sure about the wraithblades really think I might go scythes with them to

·
Registered
184 Posts
D scythes really mess up some peoples plans. I made some one in a bastion cry tears of pure pain, BBQ Oblits do not smell as good as ribs, but oh how delicious the sound of agony is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts