Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there again. I was having a chat with a couple of older Eldar players and we got round to the old craftworld eldar codex. After this I proposed to make a proper Iyanden list that would be usable so here it is:

HQ

Yriel-155 points

Elites

6 Wraithguard-210 points

Troops

10 Wraithguard-includes a spiritseer-381 points

10 Wraithguard-includes a spiritseer-381 points

Heavy Support

Wraithlord-armed with shuriken cannon and scatter laser, also has 2 flamers-120 points

Wraithlord-armed with shuriken cannon and scatter laser, also has 2 flamers-120 points

Total-1487 points

Any comments.

I am thinking that the wraithguard can handle tanks and heavy infantry. Yriel travels with the small wraithguard squad. The wraithlords are there to hopefully deal with hordes. Yriel also hopes with this with his eye of tempest once his unit has gone. A large blast at S8 AP3 is great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pretty good idea. I'm an Iyanden player and I was thinking of making one 3000 points if possible I'll get to it and post it. Thats an awesome list though. pretty heavy

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can see that being pretty nasty o_O
I don't think I'd put Yriel in with the unit that doesn't have a spiritseer in case of wraithsight though.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meant to add that the smaller unit goes between the 2 full units (like synapse web) whilst the lords are behind this battleline.

·
Registered
277 Posts
cant see how you deal with tanks until you get close and by that time you are dead T6 wont save you against battle cannons and plasma.
maybe give wraithlords lances instead....not much else you can do really good luck anyway

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually if I spread the unit 2 inches between each model it means that only 2-3 can be caught per battle cannon blast. Anyways in missions like night fighting it allows me to set up closer.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I personally do not believe that fluffy eldar lists can sussed in the competitive game. I think you would be alot better off
-dropping one 10 man squad of wraith guard
-drop the 6 man squad of WG
-drop one wraithlord
-try to get some rangers or dire avengers

best of luck!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
it won't work as well you think.

in order to get you Wraith Guard into effective range you need to be sure they survive. you've done well with Conceal on the Warlocks, but they also need to be Fortuned in order to make sure they make it to enemy lines.

dropping Yriel and a Wraithlord will help you achieve this. also, give the Wraithlords a BL and a Sword, as they'll inevitably get in CC and the BL will let you fire at tanks. with any luck, you'll actually get to kill one.

good hunting.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I gave the current weapon outfits to deal with hordes. It is not the numbers that affect me. It is more that they tie me up due to the fact that wraithguard have low attack numbers. Then the big nasty unit comes in.

·
Registered
86 Posts
one weakness this list will have is against super mobile lists or shooty lists that have range on you because you could get out maneuvered easily, or get shot before you get into scary range which is sad. ive never tried iyanden but you should try play testing it with bits of paper used to represent the models and maybe play with a friend and see how it does, the list could be better than i thought because it does certainly look annoying to kill

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is the idea. 2/3 of matches focus on objectives so eventually they will have to come to me. Especially in capture and control missions I can sit both units on 1 objective and just wave hand saying bring it on b***h!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts