Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i have a ver effective 1500 and 2000pts Iyanden army but it came to me that i don't have a effective 1000pts army for them so i set to work.
Now the things that i need or will dismiss to maintain fluff as well as points;
- I MUST have Wraithguard of atleast over 5 but prefably 10.
- I MUST have atleast 1 Wraithlord. It's just not Iyanden without one.
- I opted out of Yriel due to points but he is in my 1500/2000 lists.
- No Skimmers. This means that the only armour can be walkers as making a mech army for Iyanden at these point sis impossible and also i want to keep the general Foot sloging feel of my larger armys.
- No Quins. I refuse to you them in my Iyanden army becuase of fluff.

Other than that any suggestions are welcome so here is the list.

Farseer w/ Fortune - 85pts
10 Wraithguard w/ Conceal Spirirtseer - 396pts
13 Guardians w/ Scatter laser, Enbolden Warlock - 149pts
5 Rangers - 95pts
1 Wraithlord w/ Bright Lance, EML, 2 Flamers - 155pts
2 War Walkers w/ 4 Scatter lasers - 120pts

Total - 1000pts
The main core (Wriathguard) will amrch forward with Fotune on them with the rest of the army lending fire support. the Lord will stay close to remove Wraithsight form the equasion and pop any tanks i might see at 1000pts. The Walkers and Guardians will stay back and shoot the horde that might try and swamp the Guard with numbers whist the Rangers will take on monsters and the elite but mainly anyhting with power weapons to help my guard. I would have like to have Spirirt Stones and Guide but other than dropping the rangers couldn't think of a good way to do it.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I appreciate trying to stick the fluff, but this list will struggle.

396 points for one unit at this level is too much.

I don’t understand why you don’t want to use skimmers at all.

Frankly, a good list load out would be a Farseer with Spirit Stones, Fortune and Doom riding around in a Serpent with SL, 5 Wraithguard and a Warlock with Enhance or Destructor.

You could then take 2-3 squads for Guardians at 10 or 15 Guardians each with SL, take an Embolden Warlock with each, and Spears for extra anti-tank.

If you want a squad to advance forward, give them Conceal in case they get stuck in the open.

At this point you could include a Wraithlord with ML and Wraithsword with each squad and put them near your Guardians for back up.

Pathfinders to fill out any points you may have.

You made a statement about “Quins”, what is that?

May not be the direction you want to take the list in, but it’s Iyandenish enough to field and still be fluffy.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quins are harliquins I would guess.

I like the list as it is, with the exception of the guardians, I wold opt to drop the warwalkers and take some Dire avengers. I like there stat line much more and with Blade storm they do lend well to cutting down horde forces.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most eldar player that i have meet are like Marmite. they eaither love Avngers more or they love Guardians more. I'm in the latter. the reason for this is 2 actually.
1 - Yes they have shorter range wepaons and not that good in combat(Even Tau can out fight them!!!) however what i want in the scatter lasers. those long ranger multiple shots for a small cost are worht there weight in Mithril. It also makes then great objective holding units too.
2 - It's more with the fluff of the army. Iyanden has lost alot of men to the point that it is barley able to stay in 1 piece so i make sence that they would rake in the civilians and normal people to help protect there home as there is a major lack of Exarchs and Aspect Warriors. This is why in my 2000pts list i only have 3 Aspect units, 10 Dire Avengers, 10 Scorpions and 7 Spiders and even then i still have 3 War Walkers piolted by Guardians and 2 untis of Guardians as well. Most of the time i try to not abide by Fluff armys as they can limit my options hence why my Marine army is a made up chapter called the Crimson Spartans but i can't help but fall in love with Iyanden so i want to keep it nice and fluffy. If i where to do a Mech army version there would be Assault Guardians, Wraitguard, Scorpions all in transports with Jet bikes on the wings to maintain the fluff of poorly trainded soilders(For eldar standards anyway)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mmm Marmite...

Anyways, I think the list looks quite good. Personally, unless your trying to make some hardcore tourney list, Fluff/Style > Effectiveness when it comes to making an army. In any case I think your list looks quite effective any way

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
a Major update.

i poked around with the list and the new list is as follows;
Farseer w/ Fortune, Guide, Spirit Stones - 125pts
10 Wraithguard w/ Conceal Spirirtseer - 396pts
12 Guardians w/ Scatter laser, Enbolden Warlock - 141pts
1 Wraithlord w/ Bright Lance, EML, 2 Flamers - 155pts
3 War Walkers w/ 6 Scatter lasers - 120pts

Total - 997pts
I dropped the Rangers and 1 Guardian and took another War Walker and outfitted my Farseer with stones and Guide. Comments on this new list?

I have played this army twice(The new one) and the results are 1 win and 2 loses(both thought wipe out on tunr 5 and 7).
In the 1 i won my oponnent was useing the start box marines, Sniper Scouts, Ven Dread and a Vindicator. It was rahter easy as my War Walkers took out almost everything they hit(Always makign him roll 9 saves everytime!!) and i eventualy won thouth wipe out on turn 7 tho would have won though objectives as i immoblised his Vindicator turn 1 and stoped it shooting all but the last turn.

The other games where agianst a cut down version of the first guys army and a teamed up Dark Angels list and i said they can Share the Force org chart so only needed 1 HQ and 2 Troops between them....that was a mistake as the Blood Angels creamed me and i mor eor less lose when they got into combat as Conceal does jack in combat.

Anyway i'll try it a few more times and see what i get and them might change it a bit if i keep losing games

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh guts. :( Hmmm... Thats a tough 1. Aside from decreasing wraithguard squad and adding some more guardians I'm not sure what to do. If yout being forced into CC another wraithlord could be handy, though I dont know what you'd swap for it. Sorry I can't be of more use. never played a wraith based army myself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts