Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We currently have no plans to make any new Iron warriors pieces, however, you never know, we may make something for them in the future.

Just wondered why FW never did any IW stuff as I know there used to be a boxed set for IW by GW but it has been discontinued from what I can gather so I popped them an E-mail and the above was the reply how would you interpret this, that they are working on something at the moment and don't want to reveal it or are they just humoring me.
Thanks Honsu

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I think we can take their statement at face value- if at a later date they make an IA book where IW are protagonists then it's likely they'll get an upgrade kit of some sort but they don't really need one right now.

What really differentiates the IW from any other Chaos force that can't be created with the use of parts already available?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It would be interesting to see some Iron Warrior stuff from Forgeworld...as I'm planning on making an IW Marine as one of the first for my collection. Though I suppose it isn't all that hard to make one from scratch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think we can take their statement at face value- if at a later date they make an IA book where IW are protagonists then it's likely they'll get an upgrade kit of some sort but they don't really need one right now.

What really differentiates the IW from any other Chaos force that can't be created with the use of parts already available?
Yes but FW make DG and WE's conversion kits and they can be made from existing GW boxed sets. so does this not disprove the point that you have stated in the post?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
But both DG and WE were featured in an IA book, their kits are more detailed as well. My main point was that if the IW were featured in an IA book then they probably would get some upgrades but until then...

Anyway both the DG and WE are different in appearance to other CSM so it's nice not to have to rely on 1 box set of each, but the IW just look like every other CSM so they can be constructed from any Chaos or Imperial Space Marine box set quite easily.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Iron Warriors are actually as special in their own way as Death Guard or World Eaters. You could argue World Eaters are actually closer to Generic CSM with chainaxes. Iron Warriors have lots of cog icons, angular decorations, cybernetic limbs, and old fashioned helmets....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They might be different in appearance but they both have not had a revamp for a while (not too sure if DG have been remodeled or not) but WE have definitely not had a revamp at all so if they were remodeled one might sat that they would look even more generic (apart for the rotting flesh etc. on DG)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Arguably, the Khornate Berserker models represent World Eaters fairly well as they are. Just mix and match with generic CSM, and voila.

Iron Warriors are trickier to do in a way that fits the fluff.

·
Registered
614 Posts
There still is the IW Dreadnought which is really nice.
And, by the way:
"I know there used to be a boxed set for IW by GW but it has been discontinued from what I can gather"
And what is That ? :grin:

On topic, I would like to see more love from FW to my favourite Legion, but as many said, FW won't work on IW if they are not featured in an Imperial Armour book.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There still is the IW Dreadnought which is really nice.
And, by the way:
"I know there used to be a boxed set for IW by GW but it has been discontinued from what I can gather"
And what is That ? :grin:

On topic, I would like to see more love from FW to my favourite Legion, but as many said, FW won't work on IW if they are not featured in an Imperial Armour book.
Yes but this is a mail order conversion bits back not he set of 10 boxed marines, I know this is a lot to ask but I wish GW would make an individual Dex for DG, BL, IW you know the top five armies like that have done with BA SW etc. it seems all loyalist's have it much better. But I can thank the god(s) that I don't play DE as they desperately need a revamp.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know this is the wrong topic - but the individual legion rules were the best. I don't care how broken it was.

I want to feel special.
:goodpost:

I know what you mean, you put so much hard work into customizing your army to the fluff you read in the HH books or SoI etc. or the Dark Disciple/Apostle/Creed only to have to use the Generic run of the mill CSM Dex. I am thinking of creating an IW/DG/WE/TS Dex to use With house rules (obviously not going to make them WTF-overpowered, but true to the fluff etc. ie taking traitor guard for troop choice, for IW as they use slaves etc. But here's hoping the Dex's get sorted out and FW decides to make another IA book with IW getting some FW lovin'

·
Registered
644 Posts
That would be something I would like to see. I hope FW gives us like some kind of options to make a grand battery - like their specialty.

Once again SPEISS MARINEZ get all the cool stuff.

And the only thing in common between CSM as that they are evil and misunderstood.

It just makes me wanna :suicide:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But Here's hoping in the 6ED all the "WTF broken stuff" gets "fixed" now a certain someone has left GW for good we may have a chance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts