Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, boys and girls, those of you who’ve been around know the drill but here it is for the thousands who’ve joined us in this last year. Two years ago (god, has it really been that long?) we had a couple thousand members and were too large for the free hosting service. Facing lag and outages and arbitrary bandwidth freezes, we threw ourselves on your mercy and begged for a shiny new server to Host the Heresy.

You guys came through in spades! Within weeks we had enough to pay for the server and a couple months of fees.For a while everything was cake…then we started getting big. We EXPLODED that year, gaining TEN THOUSAND members and quadrupling the amount of site traffic we were getting! But while we were growing online, things in the real world were not going so well for Jezlad. Between problems with our ad system, rapidly growing server bills, and paying for some of the kickass features we added that year (namely the adoptable demons, paying for both the coding and the art) the budget was at the breaking point. Jez even had to sell off some of his miniatures to cover bills while he made arrangements for a new job.
Times were tough so we came to you again with our hat in our hands, begging for change. And once again, you guys really came through. Subscriptions, donations and words of support came pouring in, giving us the support we needed to carry on and keep the site growing.

Now it’s a year later and we come to you again, to beg for money (Though now it’s no longer grovelling, it’s a tradition!). It’s been a big year at Heresy. We’ve grown a lot, added a lot of exciting new features. We added the Adoptables and updated it twice, (Daemons and now Nids!), installed a new awards system, launched the wargaming club registry and did some cool name generators. We also added literally thousands more members and more than doubled our site traffic!

This year is going to be even bigger! We’ve added a huge new blog to the formerly vestigial front end of the site, packed with news, reviews and helpful new articles (expect it to become massive over this coming year)! We’re launching the amazing new Heresy Combat Calculator (powered by HAMulator), which is bound to be a household name in the online 40k community by year’s end. And to top it off, there are plans in the works for at least two more major new features we’re going to try and get out this year (in addition to updates to the HCC and adoptables and other site features).

Unfortunately, all this growth and cool new features doesn’t come cheap. Just like that first time we came to plead for your help, we’re in dire need of a server upgrade. Heresy has gotten too big for its britches once again, and the upgrade is going to end up nearly doubling our monthly expenses (and by ‘our’ expenses, I mean Jezlad’s expenses), and that’s not counting money to pay off coders and artists for the new features and updates.
In short: as always, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

If you want to keep Heresy going, help us kick our way up to the top of the heap (we’re already #2 in the UK, it’s time to cross the pond and become a top US site as well!), and add some really awesome new stuff, just Become a Supporter Today! For less than a bottle of Coke a month you can show your support for one of the best, fastest growing (and coolest) wargaming websites on the net.

As always, anyone who becomes a supporter gains immediate access to the exclusive Endgame forum (who do you think has been beta testing our awesome new features?), gets a huge dose of rep from yours truly, banishes annoying ads from their screen, gains a sweet custom title, bigger avatar and swanky blue username, and a cool supporters only image bar for their sig!

And if that’s not enough, anyone who contributes above and beyond their supporter dues gets an even bigger dose of rep, the awesome donors-only sig bar (with extra skulls!),

and if you’re one of the people who contributes a significant amount over their dues you’ll be awarded the lovely Tithe of the Faithful medal

Come on, guys! Medals, respect, rep bonuses, cool supporter features and the satisfaction of being part of something as awesome as Heresy? Who wouldn’t shell out a couple bucks for all that?

Please, lend your support today!

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
Once again, paid my dues to this fantastic site. I'm more than happy to help Heresy Online because it really has changed my hobby.

Here's to another great year of Heresy Online.

Also, if I have anything spare towards the end of the drive, I'll throw it in too :victory:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Hmm.....I will think about becoming a subscriber (especially because the exchange rate is really low at the moment so I don't have to pay to much :p). It is a worthy cause and it isn't much out of my wallet. I will check how much my parents owe me and if I have enough to buy Call of Duty 5, Starcraft II and an extra $20-30 or so dollars to become a subscriber then we might just end up with a blue wombat :p.

EDIT: What is this HAMulator you speak of? It interests me...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Now I feel guilty posting humour here without financially suporting the sight, but Gal, with the glossary , We Need Your Help! translates to World Eaters Need Your Help!:shok:

I'm on to you:laugh:

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Well i Suggest the forum gets together and Returns all ploss Empty's.......that should be about 3000 dollars.........maybe hire out katie as a bodyguard\assassin?

On that note i might have to become a supporter.......

·
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect
4,632 Posts
Well i Suggest the forum gets together and Returns all ploss Empty's.......that should be about 3000 dollars.........
har...har...har...

I threw in the remaining 10 pounds in my Paypal account for Heresy. Always glad to help out more. :)

CP

1 - 20 of 130 Posts