Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the GW newsletter with this:

"Incoming! The Island of Blood

The Warhammer world; it is a place riven by battle, where mighty armies clash for glory, honour or the entertainment of Dark Gods. Darkened skies, tortured by cataclysmic magics tear open and rain blood upon the ceaseless combatants and the landscape is wracked by the carnage around it. Trees writhe in mutated agony, lashing out with limb and branch and rivers flow thick with the corpses of the slain. All upon the land are consumed by the unending battle, an age of war in which victory and defeat hang in the balance.

Cast against this macabre tableau fight mighty armies -warriors by their million raise banners of defiance or icons of dismay, taking up arms in the clash for survival. Beleaguered and surrounded, the forces of Order fight desperately to stem the tide of the armies of Destruction. Delighting in the carnage and ruination, the Dark Gods look on.

The Island of Blood is but one battleground upon the face of the Warhammer world, a mystical and dangerous place that has been twisted and mutated by the warping power of Chaos. In ages past the Island of Blood was a battleground upon which armies have bled and died in the ageless battle for supremacy... and they will do so again. Soon.

The Island of Blood is the new boxed game for Warhammer and is released this September. Packed full of stunning plastic Citadel miniatures and containing all the rules, dice and templates you'll need to play, it's the essential purchase for fans of the Warhammer hobby.

Meanwhile, if you like the Battle for Skull Pass boxed game (and who wouldn't with all those Goblins and Dwarfs) then it only seems fair to point out that once the last few remaining copies are gone they're gone, and they're never coming back! Pick one up while stocks last.

In August we'll feature more information about The Island of Blood on games-workshop.com and the full details will be released in September's White Dwarf.

If you can't wait until September to get your hands on the new rules then don't forget that the new Warhammer Rulebook and complete range of accessories are available to advance order by clicking on the image below."

Seems from the picture it is High Elves VS Skaven.

·
Registered
427 Posts
looks good, I don't want high elves or skaven but the mini rule book will be handy, and you can never have enough dice and templates, especially if they're the new fantasy styled ones

cheers

edd

·
Registered
267 Posts
What does anyone think of the high elf statue in the back ground? Could be a new piece of scenery. Just speculating here but there is a small posibility:read:

Skar

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the statue specifically, it seems to be a 'flat relief' almost... Its very 2 dimension despite the obvious detailing. Its not big enough to be a 3-up, and I don't know a single model that looks like it exactly...

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Looking at the statue specifically, it seems to be a 'flat relief' almost... Its very 2 dimension despite the obvious detailing. Its not big enough to be a 3-up, and I don't know a single model that looks like it exactly...
its a three up of this
http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/dire-avenger-icon-p-436.html

Just to remind everyone GW has the ability to 3d resin print with its rapid prototyper, so they can produce anything they like for scenery if they feel like it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Found this one warseer:

"Prince/Noble on Griffon
15-20 Sea Guard
10 Swordmasters
5 Elleyrian Reavers

2 Skaven Characters
40 Clanrats
20 Slaves
2 Weapon Teams
2 Rat Ogres
5 Wind Globadiers"

Not bad at all.
Forgive my ignorance about Fantasy, but is that even close to a fair match? Are there more High Elves someplace in the box we don't know about yet?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
hopefully in american dollars it will be less than 75 bucks. Because thats about what the battle for skull pass is going for. Most likely it will be the same price or it will be priced even higher.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I am sooo looking forward to this, I haven't played fantasy in years so the opportunity to get back into it with a new edition will be very good and then the boxed set has Skaven in it - and they are useful starter units to compliment my Skaven characters and specials I have lying in a box. Tbh I am looking for the catch right about now...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Found this one warseer:

"Prince/Noble on Griffon
15-20 Sea Guard
10 Swordmasters
5 Elleyrian Reavers

2 Skaven Characters
40 Clanrats
20 Slaves
2 Weapon Teams
2 Rat Ogres
5 Wind Globadiers"

Not bad at all.
All of this for only 55 quid? Finally, GW has set a decent price on something:victory:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just a shame I don't like Elves or Skaven... lol. I'll just wait a few years till 9th ed, then bug them to make a Warriors of Chaos VS Lizardmen one... lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts