Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mezmaron @ Dakka Dakka said:
This popped up on the GW main site seven hours ago and was promptly removed. You can still see the first part in the Google archive, with a search for "Island of Blood" (and with search parameter "last 24 hours").

Incoming: Island of Blood

Enter, if you dare, the Warhammer world; it is a strange and dangerous realm, riven with battle, bloodshed and slaughter, twisted beyond sanity by the warping power of Chaos.

The Island of Blood is the new boxed game for Warhammer and is released this September. Packed full of stunning plastic Citadel miniatures and containing all the rules, dice and templates you'll need to play, it's the essential purchase for fans of the Warhammer hobby. Meanwhile, if you like the Battle for Skull Pass boxed game (and who wouldn't with all those Goblins and Dwarfs) then it only seems fair to point out that once the last few remaining copies are they're gone, and they're never coming back! Pick one up while they last.

In August we'll be featuring more information about The Island of Blood here on the website and the full details will be released in September's White Dwarf, so keep your eyes peeled.
Still no word on which races will appear in the starter set however.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Got an email from Wayland games today that says the starter races are High Elves and Skaven for sure.

That should mean "New High Elf Codex" but I'm not sure if Skaven will get a new book, considering how recently they got updated.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
From the name im guessing the Warriors of Chaos are one of the races. Perhaps High Elves versus Warriors of Chaos, or Skaven versus Warriors of Chaos.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
From the name im guessing the Warriors of Chaos are one of the races. Perhaps High Elves versus Warriors of Chaos, or Skaven versus Warriors of Chaos.
island of blood is a high elf reference, no chaos here

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
gw makes too much money on the WoC army as it is. There's no single figures with pop on arms with them. Skaven are littered with figures that you just pop on the hands with weapons. Could mean new High Elves are on the way too then. Skaven would make sense money wise for them. Just reference the Dwarves and Gobbos that came in Skull Pass, and the AoBR set and MCragge sets for 40k they all had standard posed figures with pop on hands.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It will be a shame to see the BFSP set go, every O&G player I have ever seen has at least one :laugh:

Bring in the new edition. I shall have to get the mini rule book off ebay. I wonder what the models will be like in the new set.....

Skar

·
Registered
220 Posts
Will beinteresting to see what we get from both in terms of large models. Im hoping for one or two monsters, rather than poor quality warmachine modells like the dwarf cannon. Perhaps Thanquol and BoneRipper will be featured? Dont know if they do special characters like that in these sets though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If there are Chaos then I'll buy it for sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is Skaven and High Elves
High Elves get a plastic Lord/Hero on a Griffin
Skaven get a Plastic Plagueclaw Catapult

On a minor tangent Tomb Kings maybe the next Warhammer Army Book, rumours of a flying Sphinx model are eh flying around.

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
It is Skaven and High Elves
High Elves get a plastic Lord/Hero on a Griffin
Skaven get a Plastic Plagueclaw Catapult

On a minor tangent Tomb Kings maybe the next Warhammer Army Book, rumours of a flying Sphinx model are eh flying around.
I think its skaven and high elfs to considering there are more Unreleased new skaven models...(Don't ask how i know..) Including the plague claw catapult, Plastic Weapon teams and HOPEFULLY!! Abomination model.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I think its skaven and high elfs to considering there are more Unreleased new skaven models...(Don't ask how i know..) Including the plague claw catapult, Plastic Weapon teams and HOPEFULLY!! Abomination model.
there are no new skaven model releases in the near future,
nothing until the 2nd wave that looks like hitting in about a year's time

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Hmm, this might just be perfect timing. I'll be finishing my Nids off tomorrow (hopefully) and I have a battalion of High Elves still waiting to be finished. All I have to do is find a Skaven player at my club (I'm sure there's a couple) and split a Starter, will bring my army up to a respectable level (I've converted a mage already to boot).

Any idea on price?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well down at my local GW the staff say repeatedly that they have heard nothing official whilst building and painting 2000 points of High Elf and Skaven armies...

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I'd guess about £50 - same as Skull Pass or possibly £5 more. The reason why the rulebook is half a thousand pages thick (and expensive) is because 2/3s of it is colour pages and fluff, all of which is cut out in the pocket versions, so that shouldn't affect the price of the box set. On the other hand, when have GW prices ever stayed still?

The trend is that there are models specifically for the starter box, so I can see 20 Spearmen, 20 Archers, Bolt Thrower, Character (maybe some cavalry?) versus 30 Clanrats, 3 Rat Ogres (maybe? or another block of infantry), Character and some weapons teams.

Depending on what you get in the box I might go after High Elves myself. There's at least 2 Skaven players at my club.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think its already been confirmed for High elves they will be getting Seaguard models, new plastic sword masters, reavers, and a lord on griffon.

I have not seen any rumors on Skaven except the plagueclaw catapult. You can assume slaves or clanrats, some kind of HQ.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I think its already been confirmed for High elves they will be getting Seaguard models, new plastic sword masters, reavers, and a lord on griffon.

I have not seen any rumors on Skaven except the plagueclaw catapult. You can assume slaves or clanrats, some kind of HQ.
Sounds interesting. You got a link to the source at all?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
As far as I can tell reviewing the Skaven book, it already is tuned for 8th Edition. All we need is a list of what units are what sort of stands, i.e. monstrous infantry, infantry, cavalry, etc. and it's good to go!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm surprised no one has brought up the possibility of the Lizardmen being one of the armies in the box seeing as they live on an island and i'm sure there is blood there. Skaven vs lizardmen wouldn't be half bad

1 - 20 of 78 Posts