Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
HOBO

I just want to know how many percent was increase?

Blue Liger

I did contradict myself, I have trouble with the wording. I don't get you mean by "money doesn't play a big role at all"? I only complain because I want to know more about it. Honestly I don't know anything about how GW work, I can only go by other people's comment. I want to pay it, I just want to know how much more I could have gotten if I started sooner.

Traitoris Extremis

You buy 40K stuff weekly? I don't buy gas so I guess I am saving some money.

Pssyche

What you say makes lot of sense. If you put it that way I can see how it not that expensive.

Bitsandkits

I'm talking about American dollars, people tell me that it was $60 and now it $90 dollars. I will agree with you that it still cheap, granted it was such a bargain when it was $60.

Donfer

I'm not sure how my money lose value? Granted I don't know much about inflation.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
How many percent...no idea. I don't think it was a blanket increase, just certain items. I think some Metals went up, just random stuff.

With IG models, when they did the new Kits for the HH, and now the new Ruus/Demolisher they made the kits so you can build all the varients, so the prices increased to mirror that.

With the 20 Infantry boxed set they decreased it to 10 men so obviously it was a cheaper price. However when you bought 2 of those boxes to get 20 Men it cost something like $10/$15 more than the cost of the single 20 Man box...pissed off a lot of people, but whatch gonna do but go with the flow.

I reckon that when the UK VAT % goes up next year (I believe) there will be another increase, although this isn't GW's fault directly.

On the Flash and Moldlines...file/cut it off before you assemble any models, because if you don't clean them up when you paint them they will look crap, and moldlines in particular are easily noticeable. They also trap the paint so you'll get build-up. When painting, it's better to do multiple thin layers rather than one heavy layer, so build up the layers as you go.

You don't have to use all the Bits, but any 'extra' wargear that you give a model has to be modelled on..it's called WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get. Obviously any main weaponry has to be on the model.

Have a look in the Modelling and Painting section for help...plenty of great Tutorials etc in there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Update: I just got my Cadian Battleforce out of the mail and I have to say I do love it. It still expensive, but since I got it at a discount, the money is easier to swallow. I'm surprise at how much bits are in these sprue, and right now I'm quite overwhelm with all the selection.

So I just want to say I don't mind you guys telling me to "quit" this hobby or not, as any feedback from you guys give me a wider perspective and negative or positive comment, I know that you guys are being "honest" with me and that what I was looking for. With that said, after looking at the sprue and the amount of selection in it, I don't think I can quit this hobby.

I also see a lot of mileage is going to put into assembling and painting and that alone should save me lot of money in the long run.

With that said, I have some questions since I never own a 40K figure that was not in a starter set.

Do you use all the bits in the sprue? What are flashes and moldline (is flashes the straight line across or is it the blemish after you cut the bits off the sprue? I just need to use files and a hobby knife to remove both of them right?

The most annoying part is removing the mold line and flash. Is there a quicker way, it so tiring.

Anyway I just want to say thanks guys, it real clear now that I am addicted to 40K for life!

·
Registered
100 Posts
amazon helps in buying stuff too, usually 15-20% off + free shipping, here in germany that last bit is awesome

41 - 45 of 45 Posts