Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I recently started a crimson fists army I wanted a squad of honour guard in the army to accompany Pedro. The only problem is that GW only make honour guard models for the ultramarines. The regulars I have made are all veterans in Mk6 power armour with swaps for power swords. The champion is left so my question is if this proposed model will work. Here is a list of parts as well as links for a visual reference:

Space Marine Veteran with power sword and plasma pistol. Link (I intend to keep the head, body, legs and the right arm with power sword.

Tyrannic War Veterans 1. Link (On the model with the blade in the left arm. I intend to use this arm in place of the veterans arm with plasma pistol).

Crimson Fists Command Pack. Link (I intend to use one of the normal shoulder pads on the left arm)

Any comments of the possibility of this model

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks good but it is not really suitable since it just yells unoriginality.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Using the Sanguinary Guard as a basis for an Honor Guard might be workable (it's what I did!). The Blood Angels iconography is easily removed, and regular backpacks fit on them just fine. Since Honor Guards come with a bolter and power weapon, they're pretty much ready to go as-is, too.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Technically they do not have to be modelled since they come as standard in basic profiles. That is why I chose the vets. Especially that one looming over a rock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts