Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the 3d printer, you can scan the model and paint it on a computer then the machine paints the model for you.

Do we have the technology?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd be shocked it one exists, because it's such a niche market. I'm not sure one could exist, but I'm inclined to think the various technical problems I can imagine in a sitting would be greatly expanded upon by an actual engineer and make overcoming them not feasible.

Which is to say I'm sure it could exist, but not sure it could exist financially speaking.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I believe there is a machine known as the Djinn24 out there which paints models exquisitely. Not sure if they were ever mass produced though.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
There are 3d printers that can do different colored resins but nothing fancy. There's automated painters that do a basic color scheme but nothing close to what a semi-competent painter can accomplish.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
If you did some additional engineering to the egg bot you may be on the right track, but you'd need all the 3d modelling to perfectly match the model you put in its power, and that means no conversions, no deviated arm positions etc. Unless, of course, you have a 3D laser scanner to make your 3d model? We are talking some serious mechatronics skills and perhaps thirty grand in cash here...

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Like the 3d printer, you can scan the model and paint it on a computer then the machine paints the model for you.

Do we have the technology?
If by model you mean a 40k miniature then no, I believe some mass produced toys have elements painted by robots and computers but no there isnt a printer that sits on your desk top that magically connects to your pc allowing you to scan and then paint miniatures.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts