Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Awsume in smaller games

Votes: 2 7.4%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a few people where taking at my local GW and we where arquing if Methiston was worht his points in games. 1 person uses him in every game and he said "he has never even lost more than 3 wounds in every game i played"....so i played a dobble's game with 1000pts per player and Methiston was killed by 1 unit of normal Termintors and a Landriader in about 3 turns. I have also killed him once before using a unit of 9 Tyranid warirors with Boneswords. Yes he killed about 5 of them but the was instant killed by a bonesword to the brain. So i wonder if he is worth it as tho i agree he is awsume he jsut can seem to last long in every game i have been in.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'd use him in larger games as a HQ hunter/killer. He's pretty killy but in smaller games he doesn't bring as much utility as a normal lib to the table.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I use him in any games of 1000 pts+

But I have used him once or twice in a 600pt game against fists, very very good if you can fit him in.

So basically: He is really good in larger games, and if you can fit him in, good in smaller games.

·
Registered
230 Posts
He's like TWC in that he's going to chew through non-cc units quickly and with ease but against anything that ignores armor he's not ahappy chappy against which is where your mobility and/or mass FC Marines come in. He needs to be put in the right army though and don't expect him to take on rock units and win.

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
Yes, Mephiston on UKTRAmeth would be a powerful combination.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I used him in a tournamewnt recently, shielded by normal assault marines, when used correctly and given cover to jump into the enemy he is a beast. 3 games he took out 7 nobs in one turn of combat(including the sweeping advance), Ghazkhull, An Avatar without even taking a single wound from him, a soulgrinder and a bloodthirster. HE lost 2 wounds to the blood thirster, one from ghazkhull and one from perils. He is beast as an MC/IC hunter, against large CC special units he falters though. berzerkers he can take out pretty well though... depends who gets the charge

·
Registered
89 Posts
he's definitely worth it once we get to 1500+, he is extremely killy and although he can't handle just any squad he is mobile enough to hit exactly what he wants to.

eldar laugh at him, though.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Vindicaire Assassin > Mephiston. He's ok, but concentrated fire or a unit with high strength can take him down fast.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Mephiston can dish out some massive punishment, but he just cannot take it back. he will fail horribly against characters who excel at close combat, and any dedicated combat units, such as thunder hammers and storm shields, bloodletters and anything with power weapons. even possessed, if they roll well, will destroy mephy. he is not an ic either, so he will have to do rhino hugging or keep to cover, because he will get shot to pieces. the lack of an invul also fucks him over pretty well. he is supposed to be the BA master psyker, but he only knows 3 powers. no eternal warrior either, so any instant death weapon, like a D-Cannon, will blast him back to baal. i suppose he is worth it in larger games where he can run in and kill infantry, but he has less tactical usefulness than dante, astorath and corbulo, who all cost less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts