Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am to build up a Deathwing as an extra army because I love terminators and I need your advise if they that competitive in a GT enviroment because my main armies are Chaos and Eldar....the so called cheesy armies by some people and I don't want to end up losing every battle with terminators !!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have a deathwing army as well. They can be competitive. They have drawbacks and advantages.

Drawbacks:
You cannot always control where or when you deploy. DS is not accurate unless you have Ravenwing bikers with teleport homers. Having low model count also means that whn you lose a model it feels more like losing half a squad. Being low on models means your models will draw a lot of enemy fire.

Advantages:
Highly powerful models. Each model can take a lot of punishment and deal out a lot of punishment. Lots of assault cannons means you can dish out a ton of firepower. DS'ing terminators and dreads means you can keep your opponent guessing as to when and where the next hit will come.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No you're not !!! Maybe Lysander & Co is a better option ???

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
A "pure" Deathwing army might not be competitive-- I've never been to a GT. However, the build using Ravenwing squads to guide a Deathwing Assault on turn 1 with their Scout and Turbo Boost rules strikes me as extremely viable in a competitive environment, particularly if you take nothing but assault Terminators backed up by a single assault cannon in each squad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts