Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Not really. Why would they do that? :laugh:

And if you're really worried to just stick to 5th ed.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Actually, it seems the rumours are pointing to a pretty big overhaul... One that will make the rules that need dumbing down, simpler and that will make the ones that were dumbed down a bit too much a little more complex.

So, no... I'm not overly worried. Even though they are very early rumours, they usually do have a hint of truth in them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Of what I've heard is that the rules are becoming more complex, but these rumors can of course be false.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
No, I am not worried to the least.

·
Registered
232 Posts
5th ed could use a few tweaks to straighten out some rules. But Im not at all worried.
I imagine there is scope for a truly dumbed down starter rule set for the younger generations. When I play with my boy, all cover gets treated relatively the same, no area rules or morale checks etc. Id also like to see the re-introduction of cardboard cut out vehicles in the game box along with some pop up scenery.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
When it gets here it gets here. The internet will rage for a long time but will play anyways, andpeople will reaten to quit only for large numbers of them coming back anyways.

You know like what happens everytime GW does anything really.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anybody does anything really. Just look what every time facebook changes a button.

I'm really not worries since I mostly just play with my friends, and we'll just stick to 5th if it sucks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
meh....its happened before with other systems & sense is seen, not worried at all

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went back to playing 2nd edition years ago,so I don't really mind what GW do with 40k at the moment. If they come up with yet another rule set I'll give it a go, but if I don't think it gives a better game I won't use it.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
They could just make it a single die roll for each round. 1 you lose the game, 2-3 you lose a unit, 4-5 enemy loses a unit, 6 you win the game. No movement required, no force organizations or points costs, just bring whatever you want, no tedious tactics or strategies. Games over in like 2 minutes once you get setup.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
I don't worry about that but I do worry they will make a new version as bad as the great big steaming pile of shit that WHFB has become.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I don't worry about that but I do worry they will make a new version as bad as the great big steaming pile of shit that WHFB has become.
That I can sympathize with. I'm not a huge fan of magic, but with the way it works now if you don't bring some to the table or shut it down, you might as well scoop.

I can't see it getting that bad with 40k, but I can always be wrong about that.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
40k has no equivalent of magic though. Not in a gameplay sense.

I don`t see what they could do that would fuck it over to the same extent as was done to WHF. Incidentally, I don`t mind the new WHF rules but I was never reliant on magic and am mostly able to deal with it. Mostly.

·
Registered
307 Posts
They could just make it a single die roll for each round. 1 you lose the game, 2-3 you lose a unit, 4-5 enemy loses a unit, 6 you win the game. No movement required, no force organizations or points costs, just bring whatever you want, no tedious tactics or strategies. Games over in like 2 minutes once you get setup.
You sir are onto something there! Get it boxed, put a fancy name on it and get selling...

Everything gets dumbed down these days, people want a quick fix, or what MMORPG players call instagrats, playstation3 and Xbox trophies are a good example of this. Some games you get a trophy for moving FFS.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts