Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
It depends on what role you're using it in and what's on the other arm. I'd personally go for Seismic Hammer just 'cause it looks much better.

Midnight

EDIT: Oh, I didn't notice that the Chainfist wasn't a DCCW. Shit. Oh, Seismic Hammer all the way in that case.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I put both on mine, but then again mine is used as a Libby Dread.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the ironclad dread is totally dope, i'm surprised more people don't run them. i would go with the seismic hammer because only he can rock it and the +1 vehicle damage out weighs the less chance of a penetrating hit. so if you glance more often with the seismic, a 6 will still wreck it with that +1, like meltaguns. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
MAGNA GRAPPLE! <insert Scorpion yelling "Get over here!">

But seriously, I vote for the seismic hammer. But if you play salamanders with Vulkan, why not run a normal dreadnought with multimelta?

·
Registered
612 Posts
MAGNA GRAPPLE! <insert Scorpion yelling "Get over here!">

But seriously, I vote for the seismic hammer. But if you play salamanders with Vulkan, why not run a normal dreadnought with multimelta?
because an ironclad with hammer, melta, and HF in a drop pod is better than a normal dreadnought with a multimelta in a drop pod.

·
Registered
369 Posts
because an ironclad with hammer, melta, and HF in a drop pod is better than a normal dreadnought with a multimelta in a drop pod.
and costs 40 points more, therefor is not comparable. I was just bouncing a question off of the guy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, i have the 40 pts for it, and im already running a regular with melta, so i figured id bump up to a clad. armour 13 is pretty tough to crack

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well, i have the 40 pts for it, and im already running a regular with melta, so i figured id bump up to a clad. armour 13 is pretty tough to crack
Well then go forth and krump sum 'eads!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts