Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and Warhammer 40K, so i need some advice on a list im working on.
The fluff is that my army were experiments of Fabious Bile making them Mechanical "Nurgles".

I've got some trouble constructing a list so I was wondering what you guys think of the following.
I dont even know 100 percent sure if you can take multiple formations...

The Lost and the Damned (325p)
- Dark Apostle
- (10) Cultists
- (10) Cultists
- (10) Cultists
- (10) Cultists

Cult of Destruction (320p)
- 1 Warpsmiths (or 2 Warpsmiths)
- 3 Obliterators (or 2x3 Obliterators (?))

Mayhem Pack (300p or 325)
- 3 Deepstriking hellbrutes (with Power Scourge)

- 2x4 Chaos Bikers with MON (225p)

- 4x5 CSM with flamers (320p)

I have never played a fullscale 40K match (only Killteam). So im quite the noob.
Thank you in advance for all your help and support!

Grtz
Rossmoff

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Rossmoff!

You can definitely take multiple formations, but depending on how you structure them, you can get various bonuses.
Having the Lost and the Damned (a core choice) along with Cult of Destruction (an auxiliary choice) adds up to a Black Crusade Detachment. Look up the bonuses in the Traitor's Hate supplement.

The Mayhem Pack can also be a part of your army, but as the Bikers and the CSM does not belong to a detachment or a formation, this makes your army "unbound". You can go unbound, but make sure you agree upon this with your opponent.
Being unbound also means, that you do not benefit from any formation bonuses, which of course defeats the entire purpose of bringing formations.

If you want to make it Battle Forged instead, you need to turn those bikers and CSMs into a Combined Arms Detachment. That means that you have to have an HQ and two Troops choices.
So in your case, you already have four troops choices, so you just need to add an HQ.

Oh, and the Cult of Destruction lets you bring 3-5 UNITS of Oblits. So you cannot take 2x3 Obliterators.

This could possibly be a little confusing, so please let me know if I need to elaborate on something.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The new traitor codex is out - I'd recommend getting a copy and building around the IW Grand Battalion.

(I'm working up a list of 1000 points of a warband and an aegis defence line which then fulfils the minimum requirements for the grand battalion, allowing you to take all the formations with fancy new rules)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts