Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To fulfil the minimum list requirements to use the new Traitor Legions Grand Battalion you need to include 1+ Chaos Warband and 1+ Aux. one auxilliary option is a fortification, so an ADL fits the bill for minimal cost.

I have come up with a small 1000 point list that fills the mimimum requirements and keeps in the fluff requirements of the Iron Warriors......

Lord, combi-melta, power axe, melta bombs, fleshmetal exoskeleton, sigil of corruption, combat familiar,

Chosen (9), champ + power maul + melta bombs + gift of mutation, 4x power swords, 1x melta gun, 3x bare bones

Marines (10), champ + power axe, 2x melta guns, 7x bare bones

Marines (5), champ + chain axe, 4x bare bones

Raptors (5), champ + LCs, 2x flamers, 2x bare bones

Havocs (5), 4x autocannons

Aegis Defence Line, ammo dump

Nice round 1000

5 man marine squad and havocs sit in ADL, raptors sit nearby as a reaction squad, lord and chosen go hunting and 10 man marine squad go tank hunting. As its only 1000 points I'm not anticipating lots of armour units, and I'll probably deploy very defensively as a gunline type army. I know the chosen are a point sink, but a lord isn't going to go about on his own!

It's not intended as hugely competetive, but should stand up to something.

What do you think?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Lord, combi-melta, power axe, melta bombs, fleshmetal exoskeleton, sigil of corruption, combat familiar,
150 why power axe to make you I1 when you have high I to start with swap this for a relic or a sword at least also combat familiar waste of point i think

Chosen (9), champ + power maul + melta bombs + gift of mutation, 4x power swords, 1x melta gun, 3x bare bones
272 very expensive unit with no transport

Marines (10), champ + power axe, 2x melta guns, 7x bare bones
175 not bad the axe can be usefull here but due to having to challenge u will probs never get to use

Marines (5), champ + chain axe, 4x bare bones
83 chain axe is a waste i think will only help vs very few armys

Raptors (5), champ + LCs, 2x flamers, 2x bare bones
135 i do like this unit maybe a little to pricey on the champ but might get away with it

115 one of my fav units in this setup lots of dakka

70 not bad but myabe look at an anti air wep just in case

over all not too bad i think there is enough points to get another havoc unit if u tailor your units a little better (i find the only units axe's and fists are good on is nurgle units as they lose 1 I anyways but thats just my 2 cents)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
My take at it:

Lord, combi-melta on bike, claw + power fist, fleshmetal exoskeleton, sigil of corruption, Bike

5 bikers, 2 meltaguns, powerfist

Marines (10), champ + meltabombs, 2x melta guns, 7x bare bones, Rhino

Marines (5), champ , meltagun, 3x bare bones, Rhino

Obliterator

Obliterator

Nice round 1000

Lord and bikers do actually hunt (hurt) things, are fast, tough and extremely effective thanks to combibolters on bikes, melta meaponry and melee threat. Also, lots of points less than chosens...

Marines units have a rhino to add mobility and protection. Now you are going to actually use those meltaguns. Also removed power weapons due to Mobility>Ap3

Dropped raptors to add 2 obliterators: they are troops, can shoot and advance following the rhinos and are a general treath to all units. Useful to finish units that took havocs fire ar to soften up units prior to biker charge/fire. Alao can deepstrike and play MSU better. Also extra fluffy for IW ;-)
Raptors were there for mobility but with bikers and 2 rhinos you are more mobile now, than before, i think.

Edit: it just occurred to me that you used the Traitor legion formation, while i used a CAD. So..shame on me lol

the revised list would then be:

Lord, combi-melta on bike, claw + power fist, fleshmetal exoskeleton, sigil of corruption, Bike

3 Terminators, 2 combiplasma

6 bikers, 2 meltaguns, powerfist

Marines (10), champ + meltabombs, 2x melta guns, 7x bare bones, Rhino

Marines (5), champ + combimelta, meltagun, 3x bare bones, Rhino + extra combibolter

just swapped the oblits for 3 terminators (deepstike banzai squad) and an extra biker and some extras on the small marines squad.

I really like your first list though.
If you plan to get at 1500 consider taking 2 martyr bunkers and another autocannon havocs team to man them. that much dakka from AV14 is tasty tasty.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback chaps.

I have deliberately left people with no transport; the chosen will likely end up in a Land raider in games over 1k, but I have a small 250 point 'add on' which is rhinos and bikes if I'm facing a fast army, or one which will force my play to be less 'hold cover and fire'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts