Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying the new Chaos Knight. Here is a list in which I try to include one with the models that I already own. Theme is Iron Warriors. I don’t know if this army is any good, so any comments are welcome.

CAD (CSM)

HQ

Be’Lakor
350pts

Warpsmith [Warlord]
110pts

TROOPS

Chaos Space Marines (5)
75pts

Cultists (10)
50pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Havocs (5)
2xMelta gun, 2xFlamer
Rhino
140pts

Havocs (5)
4xMelta gun
Rhino
150pts

Chaos Predator (1)
1xTwin-linked Lascannon, 2xLascannon
140pts

FORTIFICATION

Chaos Bastion
4xHeavy bolter & 1xIcarus Lascannon
110pts

LORD OF WAR

Chaos Knight Errant
1xThermal cannon & Dirge caster
375pts

Total
1500pts

The plan is to turn the Knight invisible as soon as possible. If it looks like it might get destroyed before I get a chance to do so (i.e. enemy has first turn and lots of guns that threaten the knight), I will use the bastion to shield the knight. I suppose a knight fits behind a bastion, at least somewhat?

Be’Lakor and hopefully invisible knight advance towards the enemy. Rest of the army is basically composed of Iron Warriors models that I happen to own. Warpsmith joins the melta/flamer havoc squad. Lone CSM squad mans the Icarus lascannon and the cultists hide inside the bastion. Idea is to have no specific marks of the Chaos Gods, thus Be'Lakor is ideal as an Iron Warriors deamon prince.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
It's a lot of eggs in the Be'lakor+Knight basket, especially at 1500, but it seems like it'd work. I might swap the 5 CSM for another group of Cultists to... hmm, almost but can't quite afford a BBoS on the Warpsmith. I suppose if you want to keep the BS4 on the Icarus, do so. I would prefer to also add a plasma gun to that squad, at least, but from where to get the points is the issue.

The list is pretty lean, since there's no fat to trim in one area to pad out another--that's generally a good thing, I find. Getting your value out of those points!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input. Knight models aren’t cheap, and while they look good enough, I wouldn’t want to buy one unless it made my CSM army a bit better. I think Be’Lakor & Knight combo, while risky, might work indeed. Invisible Knight is sure to be a pain to deal with for most opponents and only Chaos faction with Be’Lakor can guarantee that invisibility. I also like the dirge caster on the knight, that way I can safely charge even the D-Scythe wraithguard if need be.

But the rest of the army is still just CSM… when putting together an army that has any Chaos Marines I always find it hard to create really efficient units. But I do like the theme of Iron Warriors in the above list and I may very well choose to go with it.

Here is another list I’ve been considering. It’s less of a typical Iron Warriors list but still maintains the Chaos Undivided theme that I definitely want to keep. In this list the warpsmith is replaced by a sorcerer, which gives me more of the much needed warp charges.

CAD (CRIMSON SLAUGHTER)

HQ

Be’Lakor
350pts

Sorcerer
Familiar, 1xExtra mastery level
100pts

ELITES

Chosen (5)
Draznicht’s Ravagers, 3xPlasma gun
Rhino
180pts