Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the first list I designed based on a few points over in the general section.

Thinking of starting Iron Warriors

Daemon Prince Malochus 176pts
Stature, Strength, Speed, Spikey Bits, Rune, Essence, Frag Grenades and Furious Charge.
I tooled him up pretty mean and gave him the rune incase I come up against Tau or Demolisher Cannons

Chaos Lieutenant 151pts
Spikey Bits, Infiltrate, Furious Charge, Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs, Speed and Mutation.
This guy is there to contact the enemy quickley, cause a nuisance and hopefully do some damage to the enemies anti armour or vehicles

2 Obliterators 140pts

2 Obliterators 140pts

8 Tactical Marines in a Rhino 213pts
2 Melta Guns and a Vet with Powerfist

8 Tactical Marines in a Rhino 213pts
2 Melta Guns and a Vet with Powerfist
The rhino's were suggested over on general chat. I havent playtested them yet but I may drop the rhino's out in favour of 3 objective grabbing bikers. These will move forward shielding the Prince to engage the enemy at close quarters.

Basilisk with Indirect Fire 125

Defiler with Indirect Fire 175

Defiler with Indirect Fire 175
Bit of a no brainer here, 3 pie plates to pummell the enemy to oblivion

This is the first IW list i've come up with, how does it fair in comparison to the normal selections?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
yeah its certainly nasty vs any static firebase. A cc army that can deal with the prince would do well, but its not like a dp or lieutenant ever die without a fight. imagine the goodies that would be added in 1500 points. IW=Nasty

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I would lose the lutenant (sp) and bassalisk and get more infantry. Because you will get ownd by a combat army as jigplums said

·
Registered
28 Posts
i am gonna sugest a vindicator. Why? Move it between the two rhinos, and you can now take out dedicated assult units. How? Well, you shoot the assulty squad with the vindi, then pop out 16 CSM to finish the job. Then, ho back in the Rhinos and zoom up to help the price and the lutinent.

Just a theory...

Also I would suggest terminators. Not because i think of terminators like

"Terminatore are da bombz! Everything elze sukzzs!"

but, they put out a lot of fire power, and are a nasty assult unit. Keep them near the oblits and you have shooting and power fist attacks galore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
would bikes work as a shield for your daemon prince?
with the amount of points spent he should be modelled as a monstrous creature therefore not being able to hide behind a screen of troops for protection.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
RavingGuard said:
would bikes work as a shield for your daemon prince?
with the amount of points spent he should be modelled as a monstrous creature therefore not being able to hide behind a screen of troops for protection.
deamon princes are monsterous creatures and therefore can always be shot, so in answer to your question no bikes cant be used as a shield

5 Posts
Malo

Is that the army you finally went with? How did it go?

This is what I had in mind

1000 Points of Undivided Iron Warriors.

HQ
Chaos Lord: Plasma Pistol, Darkblade, MoCU, Frags 106

ELITES
3 Obliterators 210

TROOPS
14 CSM's, 1 AutoCannon, 1 Plasma Gun, MoCU, Bolters, 239

- upgrade one to Aspiring Champ with BP/Powerfist

10 CSM's, BP/CCW, MoCU, 1 MeltaGun, 1 Flamer, Icon, Frag Grenades

- upgrade one to Aspiring Champ with BP/Powerfist

RHINO transport: smoke, extra armour, combi-bolter, Havoc Launcher

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator: Linked LasCannon, 2 HB sponsons, extra Armour, Mutated Hull, smoke 168

TOTAL 1000

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well the rune is pointless on the prince, against other armys you will of wasted 35 points which could of been spent makeing him better.

Also you will never be able to hide 3 indirect fire tanks, 2 are hard enough to hide, id just take one. They are unlikely to actually do much anyway, you have a one in 3 chance of hitting, and even then your opponent should be in cover with a 4+ or 5+ save. But at least one is essentual for dealing with crisis teams.

Also if your takeing 4 obliterators why not make them into 3 squads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts