Registered
3,689 Posts
well your over the points total...

id drop 1 set of meltas for flamers

however i think that more oblits would work better than vindis at 1000

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's good, like fallen said you're over the point limit ten points may not seem like alot but it can be. Drop a vindicator and get another obliterator, then you can keep you're meltas and give you're rhinos some upgrades. Like Extra armor or summin. With the few left over points, you could always think about giving units a mark of some sort, even if it's just of Chaos Glory. Which would still keep it fluffy.

One vindicator is enough at this point level, horde armies will hate you. SM will hate you, and just about anyone with vehicles will hate you. Obliterators, can deepstrike which is worth remembering but I would keep them back firing there lascannons or other long range weaponry that you see fit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daemon prince-wings-warptime-155

10 chaos space marines-champion-PF-2 meltaguns-rhino-DP-265
10 chaos space marines-champion-PF-2 meltaguns-rhino-DP-265

vindicator-DP-havoc luancher-160
2 obliterator-150

total-995

ok so i took away the other vindicator and added in another oblit and that left me with 60 points so i put DP on the rhinos and a HL on the vindicator. hows it looking now

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
I'd consider switching the DP on the rhinos to havoc launchers as well. It adds to the fluff and DP really doesn't help too much since rhinos are quite fragile and once you drop your squad, DP does almost nothing. The havoc launcher lets the rhino keep messing with your opponent after the drop off and it's pretty decent at clearing out troops. Also, I've had amazing luck with havoc launchers whenever I used them so I may be bias. >_>

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
if you dropped all the demonic possession & the havoc launcher you can add a 3rd oblit....

i also second Deux

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so ill add havoc launchers on the rhinos instead of DP or should i get rid of all the havoc launchers and DP and get a 3rd oblit? is the DP on the vindicator worth it?

·
Registered
594 Posts
DP is great for Vindis (or any vehicle you want shooting every turn). Don't take it on transports, although there is an argument for having it on LRs.
Definately don't take it on Rhinos since they only have 1 crappy gun, or 2 /w Havoc Launcher, but at that point its far too expensive for a AV 11/11/10 vehicle.

As for your list, the only change i would make is drop 2 meltas and take 2 flamers. DS that lone Oblit to get Melta shots at armour and generally cause havoc while your Vindis blow the berjeezus out of everything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
revised list

10 chaos space marines-champion-PF-2 meltaguns-rhino-havoc launcher-260
10 chaos space marines-champion-PF-2 meltaguns-rhino-havoc launcher-260

vindicator-DP-havoc luancher-160
2 obliterator-150

total-985

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
If you have 15 points left, at this point you may as well take EA on a rhino since there's almost nothing left to use the points on. It really wouldn't hurt and you wouldn't be completely wasting the points.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
id add personal icons to the CSM squads that leaves 5 pts - also allows the oblits to DS anywhere w/o scattering in 6" around

thats 5 pts left....

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Seems a relatively strong list, not sure about the HL's on the vindie as you are unlikely to use them! Unless you get a weapon destroyed result or out of range on the cannon,
But other than that sound list.
p.s def take Icons of Chaos Glory for the nilla squad useful for deepstriking and the rare annoying time you fail a LD test!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Do what Deux said; I can't think of a reason why you would ever even fathom running a Rhino without EA anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all the comments very helpful
here it is again

10 chaos space marines-champion-PF-2 meltaguns-rhino-EA-havoc launcher-275
10 chaos space marines-champion-PF-2 meltaguns-rhino-EA-havoc launcher-275

vindicator-DP-145
2 obliterator-150

total-1000