Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lieutenant, power weapon, ccw, spiky bitz, daemonic mutation, daemonic resilience, daemonic strenght 111 pts

Sorcerer, gift of chaos, warp focus, power weapon, bolt pistol, daemonic resilience 116 pts

9 Possessed, daemonic talons, asp cha, daemonic mutation 277 pts

9 Possessed, daemonic talons, asp cha, daemonic mutation 277 pts

6 chaos space marines, lascannon 105 pts

6 chaos space marines, lascannon 105 pts

Land raider, smoke lunchers 253 pts

Land raider, smoke lunchers 253 pts

The plan is to drive forwards with the possessed and a HQ in each of the land raiders and hopefully be able to engade my enemy in turn 2-3.
since it is mostly marines that attend I will be able to out figth the majority. The marines are just there to make it legal, take tablequaters at the last turn, and try to shot down monoliths, dreadnoughts and other hard tanks.
What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
well its original i'll give you that :)
Land raiders, IMO anyway are subpar at6 best. Sure against some opps they may struggle to deal with you. But most have something in there list that can handle AV14. For the points you could have 3 preds AND give the possessed Rhinos. I actually think 2 squads is a little bit overkill, but i am a fan of taking possessed in an army. Full of character AND deadly

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have to agree. You've got a whole lot tied up in those two landraiders, so one bad luck round can end your aspirations. As a tournament army, I feel it lacks teh variety needed to handle all contingencies effectively.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
yeah imagine facing a tau list with 2 sets of 2 Broadsides. Bye bye :(
For a tournament force it seems weak, but as a one off give it a go for a laugh against a mate, then it looks like it could be fun[if you hide his railgun's anyway :)]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it lacks alot, 9 obliterators and 4 pie plate shooters like every other Iron warrior turnament army, but the idea is not to win the turnament. It is to show that even if you play iron warriors you can think outside of the "I stand still and shot"... In the old fluff they talk about that on the assult iron warriors was as furious at the charge as world eaters, you could even include berzerkers!!! But I have never meet a Iron warrior player who tries to do a pure assult army. At most they include one squad to counter-attack when the shooting fails and/or a daemon prince with speed or wings.

·