Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Heretics!

My question regards the Iron snakes, and mostly how they are organised.
I know they mainly use tacticals.
I know there is an apothecary in each tactical squad, and they don't use scouts in combat situation, but when it comes to things like companies, captains etc I'm a bit confused.
My questions are thus:

1. Is there a standard company layout? So 1st company = vets? I assume there is no 10th.

2. Would the 'notable' squads be in first company? If not where would they be?

3. What squad symbols do they use? i have seen weird black symbols, sort of similar to a 1, or some sort of arrow.

4. Do they have captains? so captain of 2nd company etc

5. Does their trim colour change depending on company? Or is the different companies shown in a different manor?

6. (I think there is another one but can't think of it right now, will fill in later)

I know that's quite a few, but any and al help will be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Jack.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would recommend taking a look on 40k lexicanum, search for iron snakes and you'll have all the answers on one page.:victory:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While the nominal fighting strength of the chapter (or "fratery" as it is referred to by the Iron Snakes) is kept at the Codex-approved 1,000 marines, the Iron Snakes do not appear to use the codex Company structure, instead basing their organisation around that of the simple 10-marine squad.
So they call their chapter a 'Fratery', and they don't have companies, but instead operate in small 10-man squads instead. Is that right? If so, what happens when they field more than one squad? Like who is in charge, etc? And what about Captains, librarians, and chaplain? What about the chapter master?
I assume they take vehicles and dreads depending on whether they think they need them?
Each squad also has a standard bearer and apothecary...

Still don't know the answer to 3 or 4! If anyone can help that could be great.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
As far as answering four; yes they do have captains, who likely have their own squad or are in command of multiple squads when more than one is called for. This sometimes happens, because the Iron Snakes cannot solve every problem with a single group.

Thats also how they handle things when a problem calls for more than one group, they do have captain's, librarian's, and chaplain's and they do lead task forces when more than one squad is required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts