Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am starting my Iron Snakes army, and basically, on Lexicanum it says something along the lines of 'each tactical squad has an apothecary, unlike codex chapters where there is 1 apothecary per company.' I was wondering if -

1. This is true.
2. This means 9 normal tacticals and 1 apothecary.
3. What you guys would think about having 8 normal marines, 1 sergeant, and one marine painted as an apothecary in a single squad? In game terms he would have the same stats as a normal marines and not an apothecary, his paint scheme would just be slightly different?

Thanks

Jack

EDIT - also in terms of normal paint scheme, I was thinking of doing tin bitz basecoat, with drybrush of boltgun metal, then a wash of badab black followed by a light drybrush of mithril silver. I was jsut wondering if anyone else does it differently to that? and what fine/edge highlights they use?

·
Registered
324 Posts
you can model them as you like, as long as it's clear what they are. Since tacticals can't get apothecaries anyway, I'd have no problem. In fact, I think doing things like that will make your army more interesting even.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply man. I'm not sure how to paint them though. I mean I know they are white, but I don't know how I will show them yet. Just legs white? One arm white? or jsut a like a normal apothecary? Should I give them a narthecium?

One thing I like about the Iron Snakes is that they use spears and combat shields, so that will come in handy with conversions :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
well, I'd paint his base colour white and his secondary colour in the base colour of the rest. You could also paint a big red cross on one of the shoulderpads,

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May be a while before I can look at one of those Vaz, aren't they rediculously expensive? lol

Well doing my first Iron Snakes squad at moment, so I will show you guys when they are finished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts