Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just learned today that Iron Priests are HQ in the Curse of the Wulfen book.

What happens if you encounter someone who only has the 7E SW codex, but not Wulfen? When those are still elites?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Treat Curse of Wulfen like a separate codex. It would be it's own CAD separate from a SW CAD is what I would say.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
What happens if you encounter someone who only has the 7E SW codex, but not Wulfen? When those are still elites?
Play it as it lies, so to speak. If they can point to it in their Codex then it's good to go (they also have different wargear, points value, and stat line aside from being HQ). Alternately, I'm sure they can figure out what the new stuff is all about and it would be pretty easy to print off a spoiled page of rules for reference in games.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Play it as it lies, so to speak. If they can point to it in their Codex then it's good to go (they also have different wargear, points value, and stat line aside from being HQ). Alternately, I'm sure they can figure out what the new stuff is all about and it would be pretty easy to print off a spoiled page of rules for reference in games.
Honestly? I wanted them as elites because it allowed for them to fill the slot in a Company of the Great Wolf, riding TWC (the only way to have a full wolf-mounted army right now).

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Then you should most assuredly play it that way, I doubt anyone would have a problem with you playing the only available print version of your Codex.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like the answer would be: Play them Both.

If you want the cheap version, suck it up that you only get 1 wound and none of the new toys, and it's elite (Iron Priest)

If you want the expensive version, you get the new stuff, the extra wound, and he's an HQ (Iron Father/Master of the Forge).

I think I'll go that way with it for now.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
If you want the cheap version, suck it up that you only get 1 wound and none of the new toys, and it's elite (Iron Priest)

If you want the expensive version, you get the new stuff, the extra wound, and he's an HQ (Iron Father/Master of the Forge).
*ding ding*

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hold on. It gets more pathetic.

That's the Wulfen Edition.

So literally two separate GW publications that came out within a week of each other contradicting each other completely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts